Quantcast
Wok it up!
+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: Wok it up!

Wok it up!

Made a new handle for my Old Wok!!

The handle that came with the Wok fell off and was discarded about a month after I got this thing.. Its been used and abused for at least 15 years without a handle. lol Finally yesterday after burning my hand for the umpteenth time I threw together a handle for it.. Took all of about 5 minutes to do.. But I gota say, Im pretty proud of it..

Curly maple. and a little mineral oil.

Inspired by God, Forged by Fire, Tempered by Water, Grounded by Earth, Guided by the spirit.. Randy Haas

HHH Custom Knives T Shirts.

Looks great.
    I was never able to use a wok with burners like those, never got enough heat out of them, how does it work for you?

Its the same as what you said. I use the largest burner on HIGH and its still not optimal for Wok cooking! Yesterday we did our cooking at Jr's house and he has a gas stove.. Its way better for most if mot all range top cooking.. When I buy a new stove it will be GAS for sure..

Inspired by God, Forged by Fire, Tempered by Water, Grounded by Earth, Guided by the spirit.. Randy Haas

My new place has a gas stove, just like I grew up with. My wife and I have turned around and left houses shown to us because of the stove.

That is a cool handle!

Those small portable burners with a gas can work great if you have room for one.

Randy, I'm confused -- I cannot see the damascus pattern in the wok. Can you please re-etch it for us?

LOL, Dave, Your a hoot! I have not had Jr forge me a Wok .. YET!! lol Hmm, I wonder if and how that would work.. anyone ever seen or heard of a damascus Wok?

Shoot, how hard can it be? Hand-hammer plate damascus into a wood bowl. Rolling out a sheet that wide is probably the biggest challenge.

Heck, if it helps to inspire you, put me down for one as well. It will look nice hanging on the wall!

Dave, It would be awesome.

I dont think Jr. would be happy with me if I signed him up for this!! LMAO!!

But you got me thinking about it now.. and it may just HAVE to make it happen! lol If I made one, I would want to use it!! I just cant see make something like this for looks. To me its like a knife, its a tool and "needs" to be used!! Although it would look cool hanging around between uses. Darn it man.. Im going to Google it and see if there are any being made..

Dave,

That is exactly the direction I thought the thread was going to start when I saw the description. Next project - Out of this World Wokking

+ Reply to Thread