Tease II

Kitchen Knife Forums

Help Support Kitchen Knife Forums:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Bill Burke

Reaction score
ok here you animals go. if you make fun of my pictures though I'll cry.

proto type
standard.jpg

Tamahagane Yanagi ba
standard.jpg

close up
standard.jpg

another view
standard.jpg

Dragons breath
standard.jpg

standard.jpg

standard.jpg

thosw are the high lights you'll have to come to the show to see the rest

five bar composite fillet knife, stubby pronghorn hunter,gents pronghorn hunter and a san mai 52100 and tamahagane utility hunter, a damascuss dagger and two campknives and a tamahagane and wrought iron yanagi.

Very very cool Bill. The tamahagane and dragon's breath both look amazing.

Wow, the dragon's breath is incredible!

Wow. I didn't think I'd be tempted to get the proto. It's pretty much what I'd have ordered in a custom job... Did you do any testing? How does it cut?

Is the dragon's breath the 210 damascus you've mentioned?

Just had a big birthday and haven't gotten a present yet...:knife:

All of them are lookers, but that dragon's breath is really stunning.

Wow. I didn't think I'd be tempted to get the proto. It's pretty much what I'd have ordered in a custom job... Did you do any testing? How does it cut?

The proto is all in house, heat treat grinding etc.. It is actually more of a full custom than a mid tech but what the he"". It cuts well and the edge flex is great too.

Thanks god the damascus is not a 240, as I cannot afford to buy another knife right now :bliss:

All of those knives look like they will be able to find homes with no problem at all. I hope at least a couple will go to KKF members so we can read about them once they have been put to use. Whoever makes it to the knife show is in for a treat!

No branding on the proto?

This actually has my regular mark and since I did do some forging on it it has my MS mark on it. If any one wants one they need to let me know by sunday or they are going to EE.

This actually has my regular mark and since I did do some forging on it it has my MS mark on it. If any one wants one they need to let me know by sunday or they are going to EE.

I'm not sure this gives me enough time to sell a kidney. I guess I'll just have to hold out a little longer. Amazing knives BTW!

Jesus Burke... I don't even know what to say. That yanagi looks ultra cool, the other knives look exceptional too.

I'm sorry. I feel like the kid who fell asleep in class. What is the steel in the proto type?

A MS 240 Guyto for 1000 USD. WoW!

Thats over 50% off!

The steel is 52100 on the prototype, and will be the only one in the line with a MS brand on it.
This will go to a really happy customer :)

These are all really really nice. The Dragon's Breath is very very thin.

Tk59. Gets the proto he being the first to commit to it. Thanks tinh. Sorry to the rest of you

Not a problem, I came very close to sending you a pm on it. Glad that someone on the forum got it and that I was saved from myself (or at least my wife :D).

Tk59. Gets the proto he being the first to commit to it. Thanks tinh. Sorry to the rest of you

Since Tinh is testing my knife, I think you should just send it off to me and I will test it before he gets it.

-Chuck

Soooo looking forward to a review of this one :) Congrats with a Bill Burke MS 240 Gyuto. Damn that was a great price :)

Since Tinh is testing my knife, I think you should just send it off to me and I will test it before he gets it.

-Chuck
If you drove out to the show to get it for me, I'd be fine with that, haha. Otherwise, you'd still owe me a procurement fee. :)

I received the proto on Thursday. I didn't really get to do anything with it until yesterday. I'll post some comments after this weekend. :)

Back