2012 Int'l Wine & Food Festival in DC?

Kitchen Knife Forums

Help Support Kitchen Knife Forums:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

WildBoar

Home cook, knife accumulator
KKF Supporting Member
Founding Member
Reaction score
Anyone KKF members going to this (Feb 11/12)?

They don't have a list of booths up yet, but I'm hoping to find a company I may know and volunteer to help out on one or both days.

This is what I'm looking forward to: (the Sunday one)

Saturday, February 11th
2:30pm:
Rhone Valley
Speaker, Lisa Airey
3:30pm:
Finger Lakes
Speaker, Morgen McLaughlin
The Finger Lakes, Developing into a World Class Wine Producing Region
The graceful vine covered slopes overlooking the picturesque Finger Lakes of upstate New York are amongst the oldest vineyards in the country. In the past decade the region has undergone an evolution in quality and is garnering much deserved recognition. Those beautiful Finger Lakes vineyards are now recognized as one of North America’s most exciting wine regions and earning international praise for its outstanding Rieslings. Join Morgen McLaughlin, president and CEO of Finger Lakes Wine Country, for a discussion and tasting of wines from the region. Learn about the early history of grape growing and why the Finger Lakes region has an ideal terroir for cool climate grape varieties such as Riesling, several examples of which will be sampled along with other standouts.
4:30pm:
Sunday, February 12th
2:30pm:

Gunther Wilhem
Speaker, Paul Hellman
  • How to select a good knife ?
  • How to hold correctly ?
  • How to sharpen and maintain
  • Which knife should be used for what ?
  • How to clean safely
  • What kind of cutting board to use ?
  • How to make a high cut and low cut