Jeff's stuff

Kitchen Knife Forums

Help Support Kitchen Knife Forums:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Redfisher

Reaction score
Groupshot1.jpg

P1261185.jpg

P1261182.jpg

P1261177.jpg

Nice! Two questions. What are those stacked things in the upper left of the first photo? Stone holders? And, who made that knife block? Ok, that's three.

Nice! Two questions. What are those stacked things in the upper left of the first photo? Stone holders? And, who made that knife block? Ok, that's three.
I think that it is not stone holder, it looks like another knife block.

+1

The block is from the Boardsmith. My guess would be stone holders (the stacked items at top left) too, but I'd like to know for sure as well.

That is actually a knife block in the first photo. The knife block in the last photos was made by the the BoardSMITH but he is no longer making them.

Where'd you get the other knife block?

Nice collection. What's the second gyuto in? Care to share your favourites?

If you are talking about the yellow handled one it's a Wantanabe stainless damascus. Lot of favorites depends on the chore. The carter is paper thin love it on onions, peppers, ginger,etc. I also love the takeda. It's fun just to grab a different knife. Before I got the big block I used to rotate knives into the smaller one.

Jeff

How do you like the keagle cutlery block? With Dave not making blocks any more would you recommend them?

Is he still making them? I seem to remember that he didn't at some point. In any case, I have. 30something slot block from Keagle Cutlery and love it. It's packed denser than David's blocks but that als saves space on the counter.

Stefan

How do you like the keagle cutlery block? With Dave not making blocks any more would you recommend them?

The Keagle block (actually I have two matching) was made a bunch of years ago. Don't know if he is making them or not. Website is still active. If we could all come to a consensus (yeah sure) on a block design maybe we could convince David into making a bunch of the exact same thing. Mine is already out of slots:D I'd like some paring knife slots and a scissors slot in the base and probably need about 40 slots up top.

Back