Page 3 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast

Thread: Which Knife(s) Should I Buy? (And stones)

All done the sharpening. I worked the j-nat for this one. It's a freakin' slicing and dicing machine!
    Here's what you have to look forward to Scott.

09/06

Take a look around at: www.sharpandshinyshop.com

Email me at: tmclean@sharpandshinyshop.com

Good to see someone fanning the flames of addiction like this.

Pretty knife Lefty. Nice looking edge too.

Nice work, Lefty.

lookin good

I'll let you guys know what I think of the Nakiri that Lefty is lending me when it comes, I'm really excited to try a sharp J-knife!

Lefty, do you think you'll manage to get through your normal prep now that you don't have this knife for a little while? PS: It looks great and it's pretty awesome to see people helpin out the new guys.

Jason, i'm sure I'll manage. At work I use purely a cleaver and parer, because of wear and tear and the fact that everyone takes a turn, and at home I have my multiple gyutos, pettys, parers and a surprisingly great little Kiwi nakiri that had completely slipped my mind until right now! I'm looking forward to breaking it out again!
    09/06

The alleles created by mutation may be beneficial

Quote Originally Posted by Lefty View Post
    Jason, i'm sure I'll manage. At work I use purely a cleaver and parer, because of wear and tear and the fact that everyone takes a turn, and at home I have my multiple gyutos, pettys, parers and a surprisingly great little Kiwi nakiri that had completely slipped my mind until right now! I'm looking forward to breaking it out again!
    Would it happen to be this nakiri? http://i1209.photobucket.com/albums/...T/d6f3fa8d.jpg

That's the beauty right there! I think it's in need of a face-lift.
    09/06

I just placed an order with Dave from Japanese Knife Imports (I should have called him in the first place) for a Yoshihiro 240mm Gyuto and a King #1000 stone. Dave was fantastic to deal with and even Skyped me (if you're reading this Dave I was having a lazy day so I could have a look at the different bolster colors on the knives he had in stock. I'm really excited to get the new knife and I'll post some pics when it arrives. Now I just have to decides on boards from The Boardsmith and I'll be set...for a while. Oh and Lefty I'll let you know when I ship your knife back.