Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: SALE - All U Need Strop Kit

SALE - All U Need Strop Kit

We have all of the components headed our way to make a limited amount of strop kits available. Since we would prefer to make them and ship as soon as we can we're offering them available to pre-order now at a reduced cost.

These kits literally fly out the door as the demand is higher than the supply so please don't hesitate on securing one for yourself if you've been waiting.

Also worth noting is that we've made a change to the diamond spray included. We've switched from 0.25 mic to 1.0 micron. The new diamond is still the white Dupont as it was before, however, we were supplied with a different version that does note contain the component that was drying out and curling the leather so those issues are behind us. The new 1 mic diamond spray offers a slight bit more bite to the edge created yet not so much as to make it a completely different product to use and be familiar with. I'm very happy with the solution that the supplier provided us here. You can purchase in total confidence.

Thanks everyone for your support!

See the ALL U Need Strop Kit for details

Dave

Good call on the bump to 1.0 micron.

Is the bottle I have the old version or the new version of the 1.0 micron diamond?
    "God sends meat and the devil sends cooks." - Thomas Deloney

The old version was blue.

Quote Originally Posted by JohnnyChance View Post
    Good call on the bump to 1.0 micron.

Is the bottle I have the old version or the new version of the 1.0 micron diamond?

You have the same diamond but with the stuff in it that curls the new leather.

Quote Originally Posted by tk59 View Post
    The old version was blue.

You're correct, Johnny has some Dupont white 1 mic that I had tried a while back and never went with it.

Thanks Dave, just put in my order.

Quote Originally Posted by ejd53 View Post
    Thanks Dave, just put in my order.

Awesome - thanks Ed!

Dave, if you could have the .25 micron without the drying ingredient that curled the leather which would you prefer the .25 or the 1 micron? Is it a huge difference in final performance? Or is it simply a different strokes for different folks kinda thing?
    Starting this harvest I'm a starving startling artist/
    Lyrical arsonist it's arduous spitting this smartest arsenic/

Quote Originally Posted by ThEoRy View Post
    Dave, if you could have the .25 micron without the drying ingredient that curled the leather which would you prefer the .25 or the 1 micron? Is it a huge difference in final performance? Or is it simply a different strokes for different folks kinda thing?

I'd take either or in this stuff but I'd have to say that I'm being won over (slightly) by the 1mic. I have always preferred 1mic in most brand's mono diamond but once I got this Dupont poly I was able to get more bite from a finer grade and that's why I went with the 0.25mic. So now we have 1mic poly and that should be as good or better. To be truthful it's sort of splitting hairs here.