Black Leather for my baby

Kitchen Knife Forums

Help Support Kitchen Knife Forums:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

El Pescador

Engorged Member
Reaction score
Well there's just something sexy about black leather. And even sexier is black leather and patinaed carbon steel. Up to this point, my DT mystery steel gyuto had only an oily rag as any type of protection against damage. TK59 had commented a couple of times about me being an idiot carrying around my favorite knife on the floor of my car. So it was time to do something. I ended up contacting a forum member and asked him to put something together. This is what he came up with;
IMAG0021.jpgIMAG0022.jpgIMAG0024.jpgIMAG0027.jpg

I am very happy with what Chef Niloc came up with. It is not perfect. But study and brutal-perfect for the knife.

Pesky

Not perfect? Looks REALLY good to me!

looks a lot better than my homemade piece of crap sheathes. :)

It is a great sheath. I guess I should have written not uberslick polished. It is perfect for the knife.

Pesky

Very cool and fitting for what you described as a the "dark side" gyuto.

Looks great. It's about time that you started taking care of your knives.

Hoss

Funny Devin. I'm trying my best. I might even buy a block to store them!

Looks totally bad ass.....much better than my cereal boxes and duct tape

I don't do much tooling so it's off some, only my 2nd time doing a geometric pattern. Welt line a little uneven and thin. I need to start making them a little oversized from the start to allow for the material lost when finishing the edges. Bet new knife makers have a similar problem with forging a blade to "the right size" only to wind up with a blade to thin after grinding? Stitching off a little, but I'm happy with the progress of my hand stitching, but boy do I wish I had a sewing machine. But it should fit like a glove and hold up forever. I'm finally getting down that "Paul Long" stile dear skin lining with the rolled French edge.
thanks for posting

That looks so much cooler then a wood saya.......Great job.

Back