Quantcast
No corian cutting board for me . . .
+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: No corian cutting board for me . . .

No corian cutting board for me . . .

The guy who installed my corian counter top informed me very solemnly, with just the right amount of sympathy in his voice, that my new top was not big enough to qualify for the free corian "cutting board" that normally comes with it. Needless to say, I was crushed but managed to somehow maintain my composure.

Actually, I already have two of the things. They take the sink cut-outs, square them off and put rubber feet on the bottom. Kind of scary that there are people out there that might actually use them as cutting boards.
    Last edited by Rotary; 03-19-2011 at 11:26 AM. Reason: typo

Likely the same people who think Cutco makes great cutlery...

I've never had one of those Cutco people show up on my door step. If they do show up, I suppose I could beat them off with one of my corian cutting boards . . .

I have to admit though that I'm a sucker for the Schwan's guy when he comes trudging up to the door in the middle of a blizzard.

Has anyone experienced a Cutco pitch? I'm kind of curious how those people would react when faced with questions from someone who actually knows something about kitchen knives.

I just talked my sister out of buying corian(or something similar) cutting board.She said"all my friends and neighbors use them".I pity the uninformed masses...

Hey, these people are my best customers!

Could be worse:

Pyrex Glass Cutting Board

There are several brands of glass cutting boards out there.
    Doug Collins
    Hermosa Beach, California

i have a glass cutting board. it works great for flattening stones with sandpaper.

I was talking to a countertop fabricator at a home show and he handed me a 1'x1' "cutting board." I wasn't going to no to a free chunk of Corian.

It's been quite handy. I use it next to the cooktop as a sort of trivet/tray/platform/rest thingy for holding my salt pot, pepper mill, measuring beaker, etc.

sr.

Quote Originally Posted by swarfrat View Post
    I was talking to a countertop fabricator at a home show and he handed me a 1'x1' "cutting board." I wasn't going to no to a free chunk of Corian.

It's been quite handy. I use it next to the cooktop as a sort of trivet/tray/platform/rest thingy for holding my salt pot, pepper mill, measuring beaker, etc.
    sr.
    That's exactly what I was talking about. We use one of ours the same way you described. The other is in the basement somewhere.

Whats wrong with glass or corian cutting board? Those things have got to last longer, and not scratch nearly as bad as a nice fancy wood one. You can probably toss 'em in the dishwasher with your new Japanese or custom knife as well, it's a win-win!!!

Sorry, had to

Feel free to visit my website, http://www.rodrigueknives.com
    Email pierre@rodrigueknives.com

+ Reply to Thread