Quantcast
Are there any foods or dishes that you never had and want to try?
+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 8 123 ... LastLast

Thread: Are there any foods or dishes that you never had and want to try?

Are there any foods or dishes that you never had and want to try?

I always wanted to try the Turducken. The reason I never had it is plain availability and thinking that it maybe really hard to cook well and easy to overcook or even worse, undertook. I also not certain if it'll taste as good as each part separately, cooked well.

Other dish I never tried is baked ziti or other pasta other than lasagna. My question there is simple: why would you want to bake pasta unless it's a leftover dish. Surely, there are dozens of way to make it very very tasty that does not require 2nd cooking for 45 minutes.

Those two are likely ignorant statements as I never tried either but I hope I am not alone there. I am def willing to try both though

While we are on the subject, are there any other dishes that you simply wonder, why they are done the way they are done?

I am dying to try horse.

-AJ

Something in me wants to try raw fish, basically still wiggling. I'm not sure I could stomach it though.

Quote Originally Posted by ajhuff View Post
    I am dying to try horse.

-AJ
    Tastes just like chicken. Just kidding....

Here is one of my dreams. Get a smallish tuna, have a knowledgeable person there who guides me through taking it apart as well as enough friends to eat up the whole beast, trying to prepare every last piece of it in the best possible way.

The other thing I always wanted to do but never got around to was making pates and terrines.

Stefan

Hmm. Those sound good too... Actually, the one thing I'd like to try again in my lifetime is my grandmother's tamales. She hasn't cooked in years and doesn't seem to remember much about it or anything else anymore but I feel that if I could only taste them one more time, I could figure out how to reproduce them.

My short list of today:
    Fried Crickets, Koumiss, Braised Rabbit, A Paloma, a 28-day aged ribeye.

I've tried a lot of the things I have wondered about. I'm a grown man, I eat what I want!

Chicken fried steak,chicken'n'waffles,okra,grits real southern style cooking.....

You are welcome to visit my place in Fort Worth anytime. I will put my Chicken Fried Steak up against any--it is the unofficial dish of Texas.

Quote Originally Posted by shankster View Post
    Chicken fried steak,chicken'n'waffles,okra,grits real southern style cooking.....
    LOL! I sitting in Atlanta right now. That's just local food.

-AJ

I could go for a large plate of that.

+ Reply to Thread