Quantcast
Are there any foods or dishes that you never had and want to try? - Page 2
Page 2 of 8 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast

Thread: Are there any foods or dishes that you never had and want to try?

Quote Originally Posted by ajhuff View Post
    I am dying to try horse.

-AJ
    When I go to France, I'm very much considering trying it.

I would like to try a good, dry-aged steak and also alligator sometime. I finally had rabbit a month or so ago; it was done great but I don't see it being anything I crave.

Quote Originally Posted by BurkeCutlery View Post
    You are welcome to visit my place in Fort Worth anytime. I will put my Chicken Fried Steak up against any--it is the unofficial dish of Texas.
    Touring through the States in my Winnebago,sampling all the fine regional cuisines is very high on my bucket list...

LOL! I sitting in Atlanta right now. That's just local food.

-AJ
    Bastardo!! :P

Quote Originally Posted by UCChemE05 View Post
    ...and also alligator sometime.
    I had alligator once long ago at a nice restaurant in Florida. Honestly, to the best of my recollection, tastes like chicken!

Had Lebanese for dinner tonight and that reminded me that i have long wanted to try raw kibbey.

-AJ

LOL! I sitting in Atlanta right now. That's just local food.

-AJ
    Well, you could always go to the Varsity for a Jumbo FO, then swing by Krispy Kreme for a dozen hot & fresh. Instant diabetes, and you won't sleep for 2 days from the sugar rush.

I've always wanted to try dog.

Went to the Varsity 2 weeks ago, been there done that stained my shirt, no need to go back LOL!

Had meat tacos in Mexico once. Not beef tacos, meat tacos. I've always wondered if it wasn't dog.

-AJ

Lived across the street from the Varsity for 4 years, and managed not to eat any of their food. Scary stuff! An FO, tho...an orange milkshake strongly flavored of baby aspirin. Yum!

Alligator's ok. The time I had it, it tasted a little fishy and had a fair amount of connective tissue--not great. Some country fried steak with buttermilk biscuits & milk gravy sounds pretty good right now.

Never had horse--it also sounds interesting. Want to try goose sometime, too.

Quote Originally Posted by Lucretia View Post
    Well, you could always go to the Varsity for a Jumbo FO, then swing by Krispy Kreme for a dozen hot & fresh. Instant diabetes, and you won't sleep for 2 days from the sugar rush.

I've always wanted to try dog.
    I worked with an old guy from Fujian. His stories about dog cuisine seemed pretty unremarkable.

Now goose is another story. That's damn fine eatin'!
    Though I could not caution all I still might warn a few; Don't raise your hand to raise no flag atop no ship of fools. - Robert Hunter

Quote Originally Posted by shankster View Post
    Chicken fried steak,chicken'n'waffles,okra,grits real southern style cooking.....
    We should get together and cook sometime. I live in Hamilton and Southern US cooking is my specialty and that includes Cajun/Creole, Soul Food and BBQ also.

In fact, today's breakfast was biscuits and gravy with homemade sausage and farm-fresh eggs...