Page 1 of 4 123 ... LastLast

Thread: Damascus Nakiri, FOR SALE.

Damascus Nakiri, FOR SALE.

Alright guys, This one is back and ready for delivery. After taking a trip to Chicago and being used for a couple weeks its back with a blush of blue patina.. And I have to find a new home for it!!

The Chef reported that it was a laser and handled everything he threw at it.. and only wished it was within his budget at the moment.. (which was only 300.00) Because he would add it to his array of knives in a heart beat.. With a tear in his eye, he gave it back.. lolol I may be exaggerating about the tear, but he was sad to have to send this knife back..

OK so hears the deal. now the knife is used, even though ever so slightly. Its not been sharpened. or altered from its original profile and edge. I just took it back to my 5000 G stone and then stropped it a few times to make sure the edge was ready to roll!

Asking $850.00 + shipping Either post Ill take it or PM for payment and shipping details. Comes with a wood carry box, see attachments.

Heres the specs. and new pics of the patina. Please see attachment to view pics of patina.

OAL 14 1/6" : 385mm
    Blade 8 1/4" : 210mm (1095 and 15n20 RC 59/60) measures 55mm tall at the heel, tapering to 46mm 1 inch behind the tip.
    Spine : Measured above the heel, then halfway between heel and edge, and then just above the edge. measured at heel midway then 1/2" behind the tip.
    2.2mm, 1.9mm, .81mm At spine
    1.6mm, 1.1mm, .70mm Mid way
    .33mm, .29mm, .24mm Above the cutting edge.
    Handle 5" : 127mm at longest. 20mm thick : 24mm tapering to 27mm high.

Just for fun I took the edge measurement at the tip just above the bevel and converted it to inches.. Its ridiculous. lol .009" Thats CRAZY thin!! And thats above the sharpening bevel. To get a idea of exactly how thin this is, Its about the same thickness as 3 pieces of computer paper. Its a LASER!

The handles are Stabilized Buckeye burl with copper pins and black vulcanized spacers and liners. . Inspired by some of the handles that I seen in the Fish thread..

Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails Click image for larger version. 

Name:	Nkiri. and Terrys knife 021.JPG 
Views:	45 
Size:	403.9 KB 
ID:	4042   Click image for larger version. 

Name:	Nkiri. and Terrys knife 005.JPG 
Size:	424.5 KB 
ID:	4043  

Click image for larger version. 

Name:	Nkiri. and Terrys knife 038.JPG 
Views:	48 
Size:	408.4 KB 
ID:	4044   Click image for larger version. 

Name:	Nkiri. and Terrys knife 042.JPG 
Size:	373.1 KB 
ID:	4045  

Click image for larger version. 

Name:	Nkiri. and Terrys knife 048.JPG 
Views:	53 
Size:	138.6 KB 
ID:	4046   Click image for larger version. 

Name:	Nkiri. and Terrys knife 074.JPG 
Views:	59 
Size:	120.3 KB 
ID:	4047  

Inspired by God, Forged by Fire, Tempered by Water, Grounded by Earth, Guided by the spirit.. Randy Haas

Availible Knives

Engorged Member
    Good looking knife. Whoever buys it should be very happy!

Beauty!! Love the handle.

Out of my price range, but the first knife in a long time where I started wondering what I could sell to buy it. But as long as I don't have a job offer for August, I am on a buying freeze... I hope it will go into good hands.

Stefan

This is one of the most beautiful knives I've ever seen. I really mean that.
    Though I could not caution all I still might warn a few; Don't raise your hand to raise no flag atop no ship of fools. - Robert Hunter

Quote Originally Posted by ecchef View Post
    This is one of the most beautiful knives I've ever seen. I really mean that.
    . Ditto.

Stunning Randy.

Really love that pattern!! Unfortunately it's out of my price range as well. Good work!!

Mike

I'll take it!

Randy,

This knife is beautiful!!

If this knife is still available, I'd love to buy it from you. Could you e-mail me at jbcpwc@yahoo.com to discuss payment.

Jason

Nice first post Jason.

Welcome to the forum!