Quantcast
Compound Butter - Page 2
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Compound Butter

I hadn't thought about these butters for a while, a good thing to have in the freezer, thanks.

Stefan

What, nobody likes my beet butter? I bet you guys don't like my beet ice cream or beet sorbet either! It's nature's candy!!!!
    Starting this harvest I'm a starving startling artist/
    Lyrical arsonist it's arduous spitting this smartest arsenic/

Quote Originally Posted by ThEoRy View Post
    What, nobody likes my beet butter? I bet you guys don't like my beet ice cream or beet sorbet either! It's nature's candy!!!!
    when brainstorming other compounds the other day just before i started this thread I thought of beet butter. would be good for valentines day, shape them in hearts. i love beets.

I also make a bleu cheese one like you listed, sometimes I add caramelized onions to it as well.

I was traumatized by beets as a child so they are difficult for me to get my head around, however I tried some pickled beets recently that were a revelation- they had put star anise in the brine. Hoo-boy-howdy! Them were some tasty beets!!
    Spike C
    "The Buddha resides as comfortably in the circuits of a digital computer or the gears of a cycle transmission as he does at the top of a mountain."
    Pirsig