Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Ciabatta

Ciabatta

Watching a cooking show this week, my mother asked me what ciabatta was. Figured I'd show her. Menu tonight is a hunk of ciabatta with some freshly smoked turkey breast (the turkey is currently on my BGE), Muenster cheese, cole slaw and maybe some tomato. Here's the bread that just came out of the WFO.....

OOH yum!!
    Spike C
    "The Buddha resides as comfortably in the circuits of a digital computer or the gears of a cycle transmission as he does at the top of a mountain."
    Pirsig

Looking good, I've been on a bread making kick lately. I'll have to finally get a BGE this year too.

I have used my Egg for pizza and it is brilliant for that, butt I haven't gotten around to doing bread yet. Soon.....................
    Spike C
    "The Buddha resides as comfortably in the circuits of a digital computer or the gears of a cycle transmission as he does at the top of a mountain."
    Pirsig

So.... here's what I did with it.....

Is that a de-boned breast you smoked? Did you do that yourself or get it from the meat market?
    "Experience" is what you get when you don't get what you want.

Man, that looks good! Ciabatta is one of my favorite breads.

Yes it's de-boned, but I'm not sure what you mean by "did I do it myself." I didn't de-bone it. I did smoke it. It was from Restaurant Depot, several breast pieces folded together. I had to tie it a bit before smoking as it was falling apart.

PT, if you can hop a plane, I have three more loaves sitting in the kitchen

The one on the plate above was Jan's. My mother's wasn't much smaller, and she left NOTHING! Alf was upset