Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Thread: Greetings from Costa Mesa, California

Greetings from Costa Mesa, California

Quote Originally Posted by Johnny.B.Good View Post
    Hi Richard, welcome.

You should post a "WTB" thread in the B/S/T subforum here. Who knows, maybe your unicorn will make an appearance for you.
    Great advice. Thank you!

Welcome to the Knut House!
    Best of luck on your quest, sometimes the search is worthwhile for it's own sake!
    Spike C
    "The Buddha resides as comfortably in the circuits of a digital computer or the gears of a cycle transmission as he does at the top of a mountain."
    Pirsig

Stranger things have happened. I would be willing to bet that someone here owns your unicorn. Whether he (or she) is interested in selling, that's another matter. Good luck!

Quote Originally Posted by SpikeC View Post
    Welcome to the Knut House!
    Best of luck on your quest, sometimes the search is worthwhile for it's own sake!
    Thanks. I definitely agree the search is worthwhile for it's own sake.

Quote Originally Posted by Johnny.B.Good View Post
    Stranger things have happened. I would be willing to bet that someone here owns your unicorn. Whether he (or she) is interested in selling, that's another matter. Good luck!
    DefinItely agree. I know there are those that have it, but whether or not they are willing to part with it. Guess it depends on where they are with their collections, other knife obsessions, or with goodwill. It may take a while, but I believe in good things.

Quote Originally Posted by Dave Martell View Post
    Welcome
    Thanks Dave

Quote Originally Posted by Pensacola Tiger View Post
    Welcome, Richard!

You're right, we will probably see no more Hattori KDs made, but there are alternatives. Any one of the bladesmiths in the forum is able to make a damascus santoku for you that may well take the place of your "unicorn". Look at some of the work done by Pierre Rodrigue, Randy Haas, Michael Rader, Devin Thomas, Bill Burke, Del Ealy, David Broadwell, Will Catchside, Mike Davis, Butch Harner, Marko Tsourkan and, of course, Dave Martell.

Rick

Some of the knife makers here are amazing. That was good advice. For example, the feather Damascus on Saltys scimitar damn that thing is amazing. I think from Devin Thomas"Hoss." and the Santoku you put in the picture. Knives made of meteorite by HHH, while his son goes for a million layers. Pierre Rodrigue sujihiki with the blue mammoth tooth. Examples, definitely not wanting to leave anyone out. Tons of amazing talent. I should just set up direct deposit accounts.

I saw your town on other posts, but don't think I saw the welcome thread. Welcome from Newport Beach!

Quote Originally Posted by mc2442 View Post
    I saw your town on other posts, but don't think I saw the welcome thread. Welcome from Newport Beach!
    Very cool. Was born at Hoag, grew up on Lido Isle, parents still live there. In fact my kids sail out of Lido isle yacht club. Deckhanded at Art's landing now called Newport Landing, and Davey's Locker. Good to meet a local.