Quantcast
Greetings from Costa Mesa, California
+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 4 123 ... LastLast

Thread: Greetings from Costa Mesa, California

Hi my name is Richard. I grew up filleting fish on sportfishing boats in Newport Beach with a 10" forschner. I was a cook at Howard Johnson's years ago. I love to cook at home. Just joined the madness with a misono ux10 gyuto 210mm, tojiro senkou birds beak, and FH hattori parer. I have a boardsmith maple magnum being made right now and Dave asked me to join. I will buy more and more knives and much longer ones, but my dream knife that I want currently is a santoku. Yes, I know not cool in most knife forums I want a hattori KD santoku i am on the list with Koki, but doubt Hattori will ever get it made with his health and age. If anyone ever has one to sell let me know. It is my unicorn knife.

Welcome aboard! Looks like you've already bitten into things hook, line and sinker
    Len

Welcome, Richard!

You're right, we will probably see no more Hattori KDs made, but there are alternatives. Any one of the bladesmiths in the forum is able to make a damascus santoku for you that may well take the place of your "unicorn". Look at some of the work done by Pierre Rodrigue, Randy Haas, Michael Rader, Devin Thomas, Bill Burke, Del Ealy, David Broadwell, Will Catchside, Mike Davis, Butch Harner, Marko Tsourkan and, of course, Dave Martell.

Rick

Quote Originally Posted by echerub View Post
    Welcome aboard! Looks like you've already bitten into things hook, line and sinker

Greetings from Costa Mesa

Quote Originally Posted by Pensacola Tiger View Post
    Welcome, Richard!

You're right, we will probably see no more Hattori KDs made, but there are alternatives. Any one of the bladesmiths in the forum is able to make a damascus santoku for you that may well take the place of your "unicorn". Look at some of the work done by Pierre Rodrigue, Randy Haas, Michael Rader, Devin Thomas, Bill Burke, Del Ealy, David Broadwell, Will Catchside, Mike Davis, Butch Harner, Marko Tsourkan and, of course, Dave Martell.

Rick

Thanks for the advice on some custom makers. I am sure I will get some custom knives made and love them. I will still want my unicorn. Salty had one, but think he already sold it awhile back. I know they are out there, just very elusive

Welcome, nice to meet a guy that's apparently been around for a while, lol.

Quote Originally Posted by BurkeCutlery View Post
    Welcome, nice to meet a guy that's apparently been around for a while, lol.
    Thanks

Welcome!!

Inspired by God, Forged by Fire, Tempered by Water, Grounded by Earth, Guided by the spirit.. Randy Haas

Availible Knives

Quote Originally Posted by HHH Knives View Post
    Welcome!!
    Thank you!

Quote Originally Posted by Deckhand View Post
    I want a hattori KD santoku i am on the list with Koki, but doubt Hattori will ever get it made with his health and age. If anyone ever has one to sell let me know. It is my unicorn knife.
    Hi Richard, welcome.

You should post a "WTB" thread in the B/S/T subforum here. Who knows, maybe your unicorn will make an appearance for you.

+ Reply to Thread