Quantcast
1 MILLION layer damascus billet! - Page 6
Page 6 of 12 FirstFirst ... 45678 ... LastLast

Thread: 1 MILLION layer damascus billet!

Finally got the forging done! I cant wait for this baby to cool enough to throw it on the surface grinder, this 1 million layer billet idea has been bugging me for a while now and im happy i finally got that out of my system. No idea if i will even be able to see the layers without a microscope but the cool factor of this is a 10 imo anyway.
    well guys pictures of the etched billet are less than an hour away, hold onto your hats!
    Randy Jr
    Please visit us at our website by clicking below

Hey Randy, congrats on getting that itch scratched! I look forward to seeing how this turns out!
    Spike C
    "The Buddha resides as comfortably in the circuits of a digital computer or the gears of a cycle transmission as he does at the top of a mountain."
    Pirsig

Now it needs a handle. 100,000 layer micarta?
    Though I could not caution all I still might warn a few; Don't raise your hand to raise no flag atop no ship of fools. - Robert Hunter

Congrats, Jr.!

alright, here are the last batch of pics B4 I show ya the billet made up of 1080 and 15n20 ONE MILLION+ layers!!!

Final weld and draw!!! 1000000 layers++++

Inspired by God, Forged by Fire, Tempered by Water, Grounded by Earth, Guided by the spirit.. Randy Haas

Availible Knives

What a day! Its been a blast seeing Randy Take charge and dominate this thing.. Building this to 1000000+ layers

Here are a few pics.. The pattern is actually more detailed and visible and awesome then I thought it would be.

Ill let you guys be the judge. More pictures to come..

Great job Randy.. Im proud of ya. Its no small accomplishment forging this from start to finish in one work day. YOU ARE THE MAN!

Inspired by God, Forged by Fire, Tempered by Water, Grounded by Earth, Guided by the spirit.. Randy Haas

Availible Knives

The alleles created by mutation may be beneficial

I'm amazed that it has a pattern you can see. Great work, Randy Jr.!

looks great

I can't decide what's cooler here, the 1M damascus billet, the cool ass pics, or the father & son team working (& having fun) with each other?

Excellent!!