Quantcast
I want a custom kitchen knife
Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: I want a custom kitchen knife

I want a custom kitchen knife

Hi,

I have plenty of custom knives that I collect but don't use. Now I'd like a couple of kitchen knives that I can use and sharpen myself - using standard electric knife sharpeners.

What custom knife makers make knives that can be sharpened using normal appliances?

Thanks

nobody here! ever!

Oh Yeah, welcome!

All double beveled knives can be sharpened on electric sharpeners, lol. The problems with them are that they eat up your knife quickly and the bevels they are set at, do not take advantage of superior steel.

The alleles created by mutation may be beneficial

Quote Originally Posted by xx22jboat View Post
    Hi,

I have plenty of custom knives that I collect but don't use. Now I'd like a couple of kitchen knives that I can use and sharpen myself - using standard electric knife sharpeners.

What custom knife makers make knives that can be sharpened using normal appliances?

Thanks
    Welcome aboard!
    All of the knives made by makers here can be sharpened by electric sharpeners, but none of them should be.

Electric......Knife......Death ......Machine...... On...... a...... Custom.....?

Starting this harvest I'm a starving startling artist/
    Lyrical arsonist it's arduous spitting this smartest arsenic/

I don't know why electric sharpeners should be discouraged. Faster knife wear just means more sales. Isn't that what our economy needs?

Quote Originally Posted by tk59 View Post
    I don't know why electric sharpeners should be discouraged. Faster knife wear just means more sales. Isn't that what our economy needs?
    Hmm... We already have disposable razors, maybe the next big thing is disposable knives. Put a thin steel edge in a plastic blade, use it once and toss it. Or maybe a nice custom handle that the plastic blade clips into?

Quote Originally Posted by Pensacola Tiger View Post
    Hmm... We already have disposable razors, maybe the next big thing is disposable knives. Put a thin steel edge in a plastic blade, use it once and toss it. Or maybe a nice custom handle that the plastic blade clips into?
    You may be on to something. I went to a barbershop in Vegas before the show and the barber pulled out a razor with disposable blades. I asked them if they knew how to handle real razors.

The alleles created by mutation may be beneficial

Quote Originally Posted by tk59 View Post
    You may be on to something. I went to a barbershop in Vegas before the show and the barber pulled out a razor with disposable blades. I asked them if they knew how to handle real razors.
    How many times did he 'accidentally' nick you?

Quote Originally Posted by Andrew H View Post
    How many times did he 'accidentally' nick you?
    I asked afterwards, smartass.