Media Rehandled Mizuno 270 gyuto

Kitchen Knife Forums

Help Support Kitchen Knife Forums:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

EdipisReks

Founding Member
Reaction score
so, my woodworker friend replaced the stock handle on my Mizuno with a great one made by Stefan. i think it looks great! i'm really looking forward to getting it back.

knife1v.jpg

knife4.jpg

knife3.jpg

knife2i.jpg

here is how it looked before the re-handle:

knife2.jpg

Boy-howdy! Big upgrade! Love that spalted bit!

I think I saw that handle on his new website and thought about it myself. Good buy, looks great. I love the way inklines make a handle look.

Looks good overall. I just have mixed feelings about close-up pictures. They show all kinds of things I must have overlooked, like the little rippled scratches at the edge of the tip. I really need to wear my glasses more often...

Stefan

I remember when NBC decried HDTV because people started seeing the cracks in the walls of the Friends set...happens to the most successful of us!

That handle looks great, but I love your old ferrule!

Looks good overall. I just have mixed feelings about close-up pictures. They show all kinds of things I must have overlooked, like the little rippled scratches at the edge of the tip. I really need to wear my glasses more often...

Stefan

heh. my friend Steve, who did the swap, is an amazing carpenter and specializes in really fine work for very expensive homes. he said the finish and quality of the handle was top notch. i wouldn't worry about it. :)

Latest posts

Back