Page 1 of 6 123 ... LastLast

Thread: What's it like in Arlington, TX?

What's it like in Arlington, TX?

I have never been down there, not even close, but just sent a job application to that university. Is anybody in that area? What is it like to live there?

Stefan

It's great, they have both the Texas Ranger, and the Dallas cowboys in Arlington, the UTA campus is growing by leaps and bounds. It is in between Fort Worth and Dallas so you have both metroplexes just a short drive away.

It's a heck of a lot hotter in the summer than you are used to and a heck of a lot colder in the winter than you are used too. LOL. I really like the greater Dallas Ft. Worth area. I have a lot of family scattered around there and teach a class down there every other year. If you are a baseball / football fan - you are set. I really like some of the suburbs just north of there - Colleyville especially.

I believe that Eamon is just northwest of Arlington - could get some pointers from him I'm sure.

The timing on this thread is pretty good. I was offered a job in Lewisville (somewhere outside Dallas). I'll be out there in 2 weeks to check out the area and talk about the details of the job.

Your carbon knives and pans won't rust so easily, much less humid than where you are at now. That goes in the "Pro" column, right?
    "God sends meat and the devil sends cooks." - Thomas Deloney

Wood dries faster I assume....
    Starting this harvest I'm a starving startling artist/
    Lyrical arsonist it's arduous spitting this smartest arsenic/

Aren't most things (food for example) pretty expensive in Hawaii? The cost of living in Arlington has got to be significantly lower than Honolulu. Of course, Arlington is not routinely referred to as "paradise" like the Hawaiian islands...

The surfing sucks.
    Though I could not caution all I still might warn a few; Don't raise your hand to raise no flag atop no ship of fools. - Robert Hunter

Quote Originally Posted by ecchef View Post
    The surfing sucks.
    Yea BUT you've got fast cars, monster trucks, Texas Int. Raceway, THE PLAYBOY CLUB, HHHOOOTTT women, grass fed beef, THE STOCKYARDS, Gilleys, Willie and Waylon, real Texas Chili, the war on the border, http://www.guns.com/texas-highway-pa...eth-video.html, etc., etc, etc, OOHHH GOD how I miss home.