Media Sushi dreams

Kitchen Knife Forums

Help Support Kitchen Knife Forums:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

mpukas

Reaction score
[video]http://www.magpictures.com/jirodreamsofsushi/[/video]

(for some reason the vid didn't embed for me)

I remember seeing this trailer one time before somewhere. Can't wait to check out the film.

What is Jiro brushing onto the fish?

He was on an Anthony Bourdain episode recently. Fascinating.

For the brush mixture I would cook stock, reduce it with mirin and soy sauce.

What hes using must be at least 1000000000 times better.

Bourdain segment:
[video=youtube;asH4jhr8E20]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=asH4jhr8E20[/video]

Jiro Dreams of Sushi, I dream of Jiro's Sushi.

No toronto showing...guess I just have to wait for online version

Catching a showing at the Nuart in a few hours.
There's a Q&A with the director afterward, should be fun.

met the director on friday...missed the premiere, but went to the afterparty... really cool guy. Stoked to see the movie this week or next.

Noice, must've been fun. I think It's only showing for a week or so at the Nuart.

You gotta tell us about it afterwards :) :)

Len, Dorothy and I saw Jiro Dreams of Sushi today at the TIFF Lightbox. You've got to make it downtown to see this documentary, it's amazing. I especially enjoyed the Tsukiji fish market scenes, Jiro's respect and mastery of sushi, some interesting sushi techniques and great knife skills.

Gahhhh!! Okay, maybe I can make it downtown to see it tomorrow :D Or at worst, I can catch it after work sometime this week...

Very cool. Will have to check this out.

Thanks for the link to the Bourdain segment Justin. I watched part of that episode on YouTube before in order to see him visit a knife shop with Morimoto.

Man. Why is this only showing in Houston and Austin?? Don't they know that Texas is over a quarter million square miles, and Houston is only 3 hours away from Austin?? We got 8 million peeps up here in DFW...no love!

It was a very well done and balanced film.
I found it to be very inspiring, Jiros smile and dedication to his craft are highly infectious.
The chef shares moments of his childhood with brutal honesty and also shares his sense of humor at times.
The scenes showing the trips to tsukiji in the morning were very fun to watch and felt almost like you were there. All I can really say is if you're into this sorta thing and given the opportunity ya gotta watch it. Heck, I wanna catch it again. Also the Q&A with the director was cool, seems like a cool dude and lover of sushi.

if you have time this week, let me know. I really want to get out and see it and i'm not sure how excited sara will be to go.

Yea for sure, I'm usually out by 3 and I think they're showing it till Thursday.

Only until Thursday??? I gotta figure out where it's showing next weekend in the LA area.

Gee, I wonder what the odds are that it will play in Ladsen, SC ? :scratchhead::mad3:

photo08.jpg
[/IMG]
photo05.jpg
[/IMG]WELL it is playing in San Diego on the 23rd of this month at the kensington movie house.
photo01.jpg
[/IMG]

Jon:

Do you think that maguro bocho in the second photo is a Jin? The metal ferrule is just like the Jin knives you carry.

photo08.jpg
[/IMG]
photo05.jpg
[/IMG]WELL it is playing in San Diego on the 23rd of this month at the kensington movie house.
photo01.jpg
[/IMG]

It opens on the 23rd at the Laemmle Pasadena Playhouse theater. Pasadena is looking like the place to be this weekend.

This is pretty awesome, i am going to catch this when i get a chance.

Back