Quantcast
Updates from Metal land. - Page 2
Page 2 of 23 FirstFirst 123412 ... LastLast

Thread: Updates from Metal land.

I bet you did. Its a very labor intensive pattern. and like you said. "can end in tears with this pattern"

These ones look great!

Inspired by God, Forged by Fire, Tempered by Water, Grounded by Earth, Guided by the spirit.. Randy Haas

Availible Knives

And there is more, wanted to see what the pattern looked like on one of the wider blades. Have not profiled this blank yet, but this will be Davids Gyuto.
    Though I would share with you the excitement of the first etch. I think the pattern looks a tad better on a wider blade, gives the W's room to flourish.

Engorged Member
    That is stunning.

Wow love that!

Beautiful Will, well done!

Feel free to visit my website, http://www.rodrigueknives.com
    Email pierre@rodrigueknives.com

Thanks Guys, its nice how little things alter the pattern, keeping the billet in a big square block, by forging on all sides has pushed the W's this way and that, at the end you can see they have nearly come back on themselves, where I have forged the 2 lumps, on the end square. Interesting swaying effect...More happy accidents

Whats on today. Forging out Aphex's Gyuto, Judd Mascus, Sean's Feather blank. And probably prepping some handles.
    Off I trot

Quote" And there is more, wanted to see what the pattern looked like on one of the wider blades. Have not profiled this blank yet, but this will be Davids Gyuto.Though I would share with you the excitement of the first etch. I think the pattern looks a tad better on a wider blade, gives the W's room to flourish."

So , the challenge is how to make it appear "flourish" more on a narrower blade. Where there is a Will, there's a way.....
    Finer feathers?

have fun...
    rgds

D

Got most of the blanks ready now, most tapered and ready to finish the profiles. This afternoon I finished the billet intended for Judd's Suji and gave it a quick grind to see what we have. Hope you like it!

I like it! Kinda like ruffeled feathers

Feel free to visit my website, http://www.rodrigueknives.com
    Email pierre@rodrigueknives.com