Marking a tricky driveway

Kitchen Knife Forums

Help Support Kitchen Knife Forums:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Eamon Burke

Banned
Reaction score
My new place has a driveway with something of an s-curve slightly uphill. I drove up it and backing down was difficult, considering it ends up on a curb. I know I will get used to it, but I don't want guests to have that problem, and don't want to take chances.

What's the best way to mark off a driveway?

Solar lights? Low voltage powered lights? Ground-level reflectors? Landing Signal Officer? :dontknow:

I don't want cheapo solutions that will fill my yard with plastic pre-landfill junk(I.E. those $5 lights from Lowe Depot). Also, when I did lawn care, I liked the big reflectors on sticks(very visible in daytime), but those make your house look like a flea market, and at night, you have to keep hitting your brake lights to see them. Preferably if they are pricey, they should be something durable so I don't have to buy 5 extras for when people drive over them.

What about lining the driveway with pavers of some sort. They won't have too much of a visual effect, but your guests would feel them if they started to veer off course, and prevent them from wandering onto the lawn. For an extra level of protection, you could also add the lights.

At home depot (in the north at least) they have these orange metal stakes that have reflectors at the top. They are about 4 ft high, and they use them primarily for city snow clearance so they can know where your lawn is during snow removal. It prevents them from scraping the sod off your yard. A few of those might help at night.

k.

Latest posts

Back