Quantcast
WTB: (Don't Roll Your Eyes) Hattori KD - Page 2
+ Reply to Thread
Page 2 of 5 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast

Thread: WTB: (Don't Roll Your Eyes) Hattori KD

Quote Originally Posted by tkern View Post
    AO? Yes, I've seen it, held it with awe, and tried to convince my Hattori FH that it has nothing to be jealous of.
    AO = Area of Operation. Cool that you have seen it, and my best to the owner. Bravo.

k.
    "In Japan they don't call it Japanese food, they just call it food." -- Children's Hospital Quote

I might cut chives with it tomorrow, laugh maniacally for a few seconds, then weep softly when I have to hand it back.

Good luck : )

Good luck, i managed to snag Salty's gyuto when he put it up for sale a while back. Love that knife, doubt i'll keep it forever, but i know if i pass it on i won't see one again. That being said, for the money its comparable to a custom damascus from Devin, Burke, Rader, Catcheside etc.
    When i was chatting to the sharpeners in the knife shop in town they said theyve seem quite a few of them and hate sharpening them, IMO they aren't great at their job they had a couple of badly dished king stones and a Tormek on the side, but i could ask if they'll let me put up a wanted sign? The owner will probably have never seen it properly sharp and won't know much about it other than it was expensive, so may work.....

Sounds like a plan!

Quote Originally Posted by TB_London View Post
    ...but i could ask if they'll let me put up a wanted sign? The owner will probably have never seen it properly sharp and won't know much about it other than it was expensive, so may work.....
    If you are willing, sure. It would be interesting to see if something turns up.

k.
    "In Japan they don't call it Japanese food, they just call it food." -- Children's Hospital Quote

I'm not a believer of hype, in fact I'm somewhat skeptical of most things, however I believe in those KD's to be exactly what they're made out to be. From my perspective they're extremely easy to get fantastic edges on (even in the hands of a new sharpener) and by every account I've heard such glowing praise of edge retention that it just has to be (somewhat) true. Add in that they feel good in the hand and look fantastic and this just makes for a well rounded package. Now are they worth the $$? I don't know about that but they sure are very nice factory knives.

I know in Japan you could still get them in Kappabashi for around $2.6K for a gyuto if you wanted... But for that money I passed. I've been waiting on a KD for ever.

SH!!!!T.........I knew I should of held on to my KD a bit longer There is always ZDP189!

Quote Originally Posted by Dave Martell View Post
    I'm not a believer of hype, in fact I'm somewhat skeptical of most things, however I believe in those KD's to be exactly what they're made out to be. From my perspective they're extremely easy to get fantastic edges on (even in the hands of a new sharpener) and by every account I've heard such glowing praise of edge retention that it just has to be (somewhat) true. Add in that they feel good in the hand and look fantastic and this just makes for a well rounded package. Now are they worth the $$? I don't know about that but they sure are very nice factory knives.
    I know that words hurt but here are some of Dave's posts on KD (sorry Dave for the reposts). Forums are history.

http://www.kitchenknifeforums.com/sh...ll=1#post13384

http://www.kitchenknifeforums.com/sh...ll=1#post40922

k.

+ Reply to Thread