Quantcast
WTB: (Don't Roll Your Eyes) Hattori KD - Page 5
Page 5 of 5 FirstFirst ... 345

Thread: WTB: (Don't Roll Your Eyes) Hattori KD

Honestly, I don't think I will ever get a Japanese made knife. I have made a decision to buy only custom knives from makers on this board (and I have 7 on order atm) for two reasons. First, I believe it is important to support the artists (I was going to say craftsmen, but really, after seeing some of the examples of their work, artists fits much better) who are so willing to donate their time and knowledge to helping novices like me, and second, I can see no way that the knives produced in Japan will be measurably superior to those made here. So, if the grass really isn't any greener, why go anywhere else. (Requisite disclaimer: this is )

Quote Originally Posted by ejd53 View Post
    I have made a decision to buy only custom knives from makers on this board...it is important to support the artists...
    I fully agree. I have 10 knives from board makers and 4 on order -- but with Jon peddling his crack cocaine blades, I will never say never

k.
    "There's only one thing I hate more than lying…skim milk, which is water that's lying about being milk." -- Ron Swanson

Custom takes time
    Im still waiting for mine
    worth every penny

Quote Originally Posted by mr drinky View Post
    I fully agree. I have 10 knives from board makers and 4 on order -- but with Jon peddling his crack cocaine blades, I will never say never

k.
    I have to admit, the temptation to join the dark side can be strong at times.