Quantcast
WTB: (Don't Roll Your Eyes) Hattori KD
Page 1 of 5 123 ... LastLast

Thread: WTB: (Don't Roll Your Eyes) Hattori KD

WTB: (Don't Roll Your Eyes) Hattori KD

A couple of years ago someone advertised on KF (I think) that they wanted to buy a Hattori KD and it worked, so I am trying it. I am sure someone out there has some CowryX just lying in a drawer not being used.

k.
    "There's only one thing I hate more than lying…skim milk, which is water that's lying about being milk." -- Ron Swanson

Hey, I didn't roll my eyes.

Ok, maybe I should have said, "Don't wet yourself."

k.
    "There's only one thing I hate more than lying…skim milk, which is water that's lying about being milk." -- Ron Swanson

I keep my Cowry-X next to my kryptonite knife. Just kidding. Seriously, good luck! I hope you find one to get for yourself. That would be pretty cool
    09/06

Take a look around at: www.sharpandshinyshop.com

Email me at: tmclean@sharpandshinyshop.com

Quote Originally Posted by mr drinky View Post
    A couple of years ago someone advertised on KF (I think) that they wanted to buy a Hattori KD and it worked, so I am trying it.
    I'm pretty sure I saw the thread you're talking about (it was on KF) and was surprised that it appeared to work. No reason this won't. Maybe not today, maybe not tomorrow, but who knows...

That said, you're not alone in this effort.

http://www.kitchenknifeforums.com/sh...ll=1#post77284

I also know what thread you're talking about but know a little bit more about it. The deal fell through. Both sides balked. Said KD is still out there living on the fence.

Seriously? I need to dig deeper.

k.

The problem is that Hattori, unfortunately, doesn't have long on this earth. No more KDs are being made. So to find one for $1200 isn't going to happen and those that have one are either keeping them for a while to see if price skyrockets. Or they're keeping them because they're just badass.

Quote Originally Posted by tkern View Post
    The problem is that Hattori, unfortunately, doesn't have long on this earth. No more KDs are being made. So to find one for $1200 isn't going to happen and those that have one are either keeping them for a while to see if price skyrockets. Or they're keeping them because they're just badass.
    Yeah, I can see that, but life changes too (for everyone). Just sent a PM to the guy from KF. He probably won't respond, but if he does and the sale goes through, one day I will probably sell the knife and pass it along to another eager knife knut. I'm getting to that point. Try things, keep some, share with friends, then sell....start all over again.

k.

EDIT: I notice you are in the AO as the KD. Have you seen it?

AO? Yes, I've seen it, held it with awe, and tried to convince my Hattori FH that it has nothing to be jealous of.