Quantcast
Martell 240 gyuto
+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Martell 240 gyuto

Martell 240 gyuto

Dave:

Fantastic knife! The fit and finish is eye watering, the wood is georgous, and the case is great, too. I couldn't be happier.

And it can cut! My test doesn't meet Colin's standards, but the paper was standing unsupported, and it certainly meets my standards.

Thank you for a superb tool.

Keith
    If you reach the age of 60 without becoming a curmudgeon, you haven't been paying attention.

She's a beaut!
    Starting this harvest I'm a starving startling artist/
    Lyrical arsonist it's arduous spitting this smartest arsenic/

It looks like you haven't cut anything with it other than paper. I wouldn't expect it to be a bad tool or a terrible knife but it would be nice to get some information on performance at some point, esp. compared to a knife some of us have used.

Patience, tk! I have only had it a couple of hours.

More reports will follow. I can only say at this point that it goes through a very large diakon smoothly and easily, with no hint of wedging. Reports and photos will follow.

Actually, I hesitate to try to do the kind of comparison everyone here expects because I am just an amateur. I will try.
    If you reach the age of 60 without becoming a curmudgeon, you haven't been paying attention.

Beautiful work..what is the handle material?

It is Arizona desert Ironwood. I will work on my photography and see if I can do it justice. It is georgous in person. The depth of the figure does not photograph easily.

I have several custom hunting knives with AZ ironwood -- it's almost impossible to show the depth unless you're holding it. Really nice piece....

That's a beautiful knife,love the handle.

Quote Originally Posted by Keith Neal View Post
    Patience, tk! I have only had it a couple of hours.

More reports will follow. I can only say at this point that it goes through a very large diakon smoothly and easily, with no hint of wedging. Reports and photos will follow.

Actually, I hesitate to try to do the kind of comparison everyone here expects because I am just an amateur. I will try.
    Sounds good. I think it's dishonest to call something a "fantastic knife" and a "superb tool" before using it for its intended purpose. Please do not hesitate to make comparisons and state your opinions. Other than the noobs, that's what we're all here for. The worst that can happen is a virtual lynching and frankly, people here are way too nice, lol. I'm looking forward to your comments.

Hi Keith, I'm glad to see that it impressed OTB.

Thanks for the kind words.

Dave

+ Reply to Thread