Hello from California

Kitchen Knife Forums

Help Support Kitchen Knife Forums:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

tinola

Reaction score
Hello all,

I was trying to look for a knife last year, however, having apartment mates that don't know scrap about cooking made me distant to getting a nice kitchen knife. They just messed up my victorinox chef's knife, so I don't think getting an expensive knife would be a great idea for now. I'll probably just hide my knives in my room. I'm still trying to look for some knives on a later date. Maybe a nakiri to begin with since my chef's knife just needs sharpening to be good again.

Just saying hi to everyone!

Welcome to the Forum. A suggestion about your flatmates. Occasionally when a waiter gets on my nerves I will bring out my honing steel and my 12" butcher, and touch up the edge while reciting an abridged version of The Executioner's Song from the Mikado, where KoKo talks about all of the enemies he would like to chop:

I've got a little list, yes I've got a little list;

The waiters screaming 'where's my food' in and around my space,
(scrape)
Bartenders who sneak shots in back and Phuuf itt (puff it) in my face,
(scrape)
GMs who who come in my kitchen and hide about the place; I have them on my list, yes I have them on my list.
(Long scrape, etc.)

Alter as appropriate. Being in California, an allusion to the San Francisco's Zodiac should be effective!

Hax the Cook CLEAVERS RULE!!! :D

Back