Quantcast
vintage fire sale
Closed Thread
Page 1 of 4 123 ... LastLast

Thread: vintage fire sale

vintage fire sale

Here are some vintage 10" american made carbon steel chef knives. They don't make them like this anymore. I would say these were made in the 60's. They look like they may have been made by the same maker. Dimensions, shape, rivet pattern are identical. The rosewood would have been an upgrade and the lanyard hole more utilitarian. These will take a hair popping edge. There is no makers mark
    1. rosewood handle, 10" blade length 2 1/4" wide. triple brass rivets
    2. mahogany handle, 10" blade length 2 1/4" wide triple brass rivets and a lanyard hole
    $40 each
    Attached Images Attached Images         

Also up for grabs are two of my favorite knives. These are highly underrated knives. They may very well be some of the best American production knives of there time. They get a bad wrap because people didn't take care of them and we all remember going to Grandmas house and her having those rusty old knives that she loved and you never wanted to use. This style of knife was made by many manufacturers from the 1920's on up to today, that should tell you how successful the design was. oddly enough today's version can't hold a candle to the vintage ones. If you take care of it and sharpen it well, I would put it up against any vintage Sabatier and I love my Sabatiers. You will actually see a little gyutoesque shaping and a little Delbert style handle on these. These are highly reactive until you get a good patina on them and they need to be babied, These will turn black in a heartbeat cutting onions. These are very hard to find 9.5"x 1 3/4" and 10"x 1 7/8" Forgecraft HiCarbon chef knives with white oak handles. These are hard to find as the 8 inch version was much more common and the 10 inch version was used in commercial kitchens. These were made in the 50's. $40+shipping

A few more final things. I had these knife bags made for me by an elder Chinese lady here in China town. They are made from Dragon motif material and have satin linings and a burgundy cord. They measure around 22inches x 3 1/2"-4". I bought them thinking that I would put my knives in them, then I realized I don't have any knives with sayas. I'm not likely to make anymore knife purchases, other than the ones I already have this year. so up they go. got to pay those bills. These are new just arrived yesterday. I'm looking for $30 each + $5 shipping

Pm sent on 9.5 inch forgecraft.

sold. thanks, Matt

If shipping wasn't so expensive to CA I'd love one of those 9.5 forgecrafts.

How much is the shipping? Those are awesome knives for that price. I'm being on my best behavior not to pick one of those up. Promised myself I'd go a month without knife related purchases.

Quote Originally Posted by tkern View Post
    How much is the shipping? Those are awesome knives for that price. I'm being on my best behavior not to pick one of those up. Promised myself I'd go a month without knife related purchases.
    the last package I sent to canada with $15 dollars insurance was $56

10 inch forgecraft sold

PM sent on knife bags.

Closed Thread