• If you have bought, sold or gained information from our Classifieds, please donate to Kitchen Knife Forums and give back.

You can become a Supporting Member which comes with a decal or just click here to donate.

vintage fire sale

Kitchen Knife Forums

Help Support Kitchen Knife Forums:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Status
Not open for further replies.

sachem allison

Reaction score
Here are some vintage 10" american made carbon steel chef knives. They don't make them like this anymore. I would say these were made in the 60's. They look like they may have been made by the same maker. Dimensions, shape, rivet pattern are identical. The rosewood would have been an upgrade and the lanyard hole more utilitarian. These will take a hair popping edge. There is no makers mark
1. rosewood handle, 10" blade length 2 1/4" wide. triple brass rivets
2. mahogany handle, 10" blade length 2 1/4" wide triple brass rivets and a lanyard hole
$40 each

vintage knives 001.jpg

vintage knives 002.jpg

vintage knives 003.jpg

vintage knives 004.jpg

vintage knives 005.jpg

vintage knives 007.jpg

vintage knives 008.jpg

vintage knives 009.jpg

Also up for grabs are two of my favorite knives. These are highly underrated knives. They may very well be some of the best American production knives of there time. They get a bad wrap because people didn't take care of them and we all remember going to Grandmas house and her having those rusty old knives that she loved and you never wanted to use. This style of knife was made by many manufacturers from the 1920's on up to today, that should tell you how successful the design was. oddly enough today's version can't hold a candle to the vintage ones. If you take care of it and sharpen it well, I would put it up against any vintage Sabatier and I love my Sabatiers. You will actually see a little gyutoesque shaping and a little Delbert style handle on these. These are highly reactive until you get a good patina on them and they need to be babied, These will turn black in a heartbeat cutting onions. These are very hard to find 9.5"x 1 3/4" and 10"x 1 7/8" Forgecraft HiCarbon chef knives with white oak handles. These are hard to find as the 8 inch version was much more common and the 10 inch version was used in commercial kitchens. These were made in the 50's. $40+shipping

vintage knives 010.jpg

vintage knives 012.jpg

vintage knives 011.jpg

A few more final things. I had these knife bags made for me by an elder Chinese lady here in China town. They are made from Dragon motif material and have satin linings and a burgundy cord. They measure around 22inches x 3 1/2"-4". I bought them thinking that I would put my knives in them, then I realized I don't have any knives with sayas. I'm not likely to make anymore knife purchases, other than the ones I already have this year. so up they go. got to pay those bills. These are new just arrived yesterday. I'm looking for $30 each + $5 shipping

vintage knives 019.jpg

vintage knives 020.jpg

vintage knives 021.jpg

vintage knives 022.jpg

vintage knives 023.jpg

vintage knives 024.jpg

vintage knives 025.jpg

vintage knives 026.jpg

vintage knives 027.jpg

vintage knives 028.jpg

vintage knives 029.jpg

vintage knives 030.jpg

If shipping wasn't so expensive to CA I'd love one of those 9.5 forgecrafts.

How much is the shipping? Those are awesome knives for that price. I'm being on my best behavior not to pick one of those up. Promised myself I'd go a month without knife related purchases.

How much is the shipping? Those are awesome knives for that price. I'm being on my best behavior not to pick one of those up. Promised myself I'd go a month without knife related purchases.
the last package I sent to canada with $15 dollars insurance was $56

Those are some pretty cool pieces. The bags are definitely awesome!

If shipping wasn't so expensive to CA I'd love one of those 9.5 forgecrafts.

if it fits in a flat rate box, its only half as much as shipping to the US. Our postal system could learn a thing or three! The $50+ box was likely quite heavy.

Drat! I was going to write about that black and gold bag as soon as I saw it but too late, I guess!

The other one is black and gold with some red in it. essentially the same pattern, but the flowers are red.

Was it easy to find someone to make the bag? Did you show them a picture or just describe how it should function? I think I would like to get some made up as well.

I think that lady could have a real business as a vendor on this forum :)

she doesn't speak any english and it took me awhile to get her to understand what I wanted. when I say elder I mean in here late 80's. I am working on getting someone else involved in making them. I'll see what happens and let you guys know.

Son, what's left here? Do you have any other vintage stuff like this? Maybe some old Dexter carbon, or carbon cleavers?

right now the two american vintage chef knives, the red and gold bag and the black red and gold bag. I don't have any Dexters here in NYC, but I am seeing if my dad can send me one of my boxes and I will see what's in it. should be about a week or two. there may be 5 or 6 other bags also.

lol! :rofl2: :spitcoffee: I'm not sure why, but your sig line! Love it!

My favorite is "How many rasins in a box? True or false?" Then look intently before you walk away.

Was checkin' in for the bags, let me know if you get more...

Hey...what about the ones (like me, back in the day) who started out in the front, but realized the kitchen is where it's at?

I love you an all, but your not helping your case with the whole front of the house thing.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back