Quantcast
WTB: Carter - Page 2
+ Reply to Thread
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: WTB: Carter

The incredibly sophisticated Boise, ID <g>
    Quote Originally Posted by Andrew H View Post
    It's okay because a 240 is drastically more expensive than a 190.
    From Johnny C: Carter has for sale in stock on his website are smaller, the bigger ones are either custom ordered or snatched up fast when they hit is website. So the smaller ones are just more readily available.

Ahh...thanks. It's partially a case of...I want a Carter but can't seem to get in on the bigger ones (or can't afford them) . I'd actually like to have one of the 7" ,but it appears that I not only have to keep saving my pennies, but be able to jump on one when available. Shrug

In my case I really wanted a blade between 5-6" and a used Carter came up and I had to jump on it. If Maksim's 150 Shigs Petty's had come through a week or two earlier I might have jumped on that instead, but I definitely wanted something in that range and those were my top two choices.

The incredibly sophisticated Boise, ID <g>
    Quote Originally Posted by DeepCSweede View Post
    In my case I really wanted a blade between 5-6" and a used Carter came up and I had to jump on it. If Maksim's 150 Shigs Petty's had come through a week or two earlier I might have jumped on that instead, but I definitely wanted something in that range and those were my top two choices.
    Well, it appears that you might have gotten lucky. Even getting one of the the small ones is a crap shoot. ;-) Must be tough to sell everything you make... AND have people waiting. Tho'...I guess he worked hard to be in that enviable position.

That same funi you just picked up for $212 was $158 just a few months ago. This economy is p***ING me off!!!!!

I need to give myself a raise.......
    The difference between try and triumph is a little "umph"! NO EXCUSES!!!!!!!
    chefchristophermiller@yahoo.com

Carter told me that the prices would go up this year ....

I need a raise, and not just the one in the morning..

Quote Originally Posted by NO ChoP! View Post
    That same funi you just picked up for $212 was $158 just a few months ago. This economy is p***ING me off!!!!!

I need to give myself a raise.......
    Way to give me buyer's remorse!

For as much praise as Carter's knives get, this seemed like a good price.

It's not a rant of the value of a Carter, simply a rant of the value of my dollar...lol

The fact that his knives continue to be praised, and grow in popularity combined with the high resale value says these aren't just the fad of the moment.....

Nice knife by the way....

I
    The difference between try and triumph is a little "umph"! NO EXCUSES!!!!!!!
    chefchristophermiller@yahoo.com

Quote Originally Posted by Kyle View Post
    Way to give me buyer's remorse!
    Don't be. I had been looking at the same knife for days, and had been waiting till today to pull trigger.

+ Reply to Thread