Quantcast
Tsunami Suji WIP - Page 7
+ Reply to Thread
Page 7 of 7 FirstFirst ... 567

Thread: Tsunami Suji WIP

Pierre, I have much respect for you, as well as your work. Thanks for the complement.. It means alot.

I received word that the knife made it to its new home..

Inspired by God, Forged by Fire, Tempered by Water, Grounded by Earth, Guided by the spirit.. Randy Haas

HHH Custom Knives T Shirts.

The "Tsunmji" has indeed arrived and it is MAGNIFICENT!!

Hey all you knife junkies here on KKF.......all I can say about this massive Suji is WOW!!!!!! Obviously I knew it was going to be big, but until you actually have it in your hand you don't truly appreciate the scale. The next thing you notice is that it is lighter than you think it is going to be based on it's proportions, and exceptionally well balanced...which only serves to magnify the wow factor. Then you are struck by the perfect.....and I really do mean perfect.....uniformity of the Tsunami pattern steel that Randy Jr. conjured forth from his forge. I have seen a lot of Damascus Steel through the years made by a lot of "masters" but this sincerely ranks among the top 3 or 4 pieces I have seen in my life including the late great Sid Birt's masterful work and who personally infected me with this 30 year Damascus obsession. Next you notice the 360 degree file work which is stunning in its precison thorn and vine pattern and how it gives the knife an elegant old world feel that would lead you to believe it had been made a long time ago. Then you get to the fit and finish of Randy's Western Wa handle and the extraordinary precision he employed in marrying all the different materials, which to the naked eye and careful touch have the illusion of being one seamless piece, and how your hand naturally conforms to its contours. This is when you truly realize that this amazing piece of art is 100% functional. Rarely have I seen anything, much less a knife, that so beautifully integrated form and function into one harmonious package. Bravo Randy and Randy Jr. on knockng this one out of the park. I already have five other knives that are on the HHH Custom waiting list and based on the way "Tsunamji" turned out I cannot wait to see the others. I will also say that the experience of working with Randy has been an absolute pleasure and a privilege. The process of sharing ideas and selecting materials made this project very collaborative and gave me a deep appreciation for the kind and humble gentleman that Randy Haas is and precisely why I will be a customer for life.

jvslagle. Thanks for the awesome complements on the knife. Its very humbling coming from someone who has so many amazing pieces in there collection. and has dealt with as many awesome craftsmen as you have. Thank you sir.

I am so happy that you are please with it! I know we are very proud of that Suji. I just love it when a plan comes together!

Im looking forward to starting the next project! And please once you have had a chance to really get a feel for the suji. Send me you impressions. Thats how I continue to grow and learn is from honest feedback from the users!

Again I appreciate the write up. Its great to know your lovin your new knife!!!

God Bless YA!
    Randy

Inspired by God, Forged by Fire, Tempered by Water, Grounded by Earth, Guided by the spirit.. Randy Haas

Quote Originally Posted by HHH Knives View Post
    What's that other knife??

I have to say, this suji is one of my favorites. Looove the handle scheme.

Thanks Don, The other think is a San Mai damascus clad over AEB-L test blade. Heres a link with more info and pictures! http://www.kitchenknifeforums.com/sh...-San-Mai-Gyuto

+ Reply to Thread