Carter polished

Kitchen Knife Forums

Help Support Kitchen Knife Forums:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Vladimir

Reaction score
Not long ago, got a knife from one forum participant :)
Strokes on the knife from the manufacturer, catching up on me melancholy.:(
"Good" cold winter and a few free evenings polishing.
It's not perfect, there are many small scratches, but it's better than it was :D:D:D

to
52c3f46b38a7eae31cea9834e6ed62b1.jpg

after

5706522.jpg

5706538.jpg

5706532.jpg

5706526.jpg

5706540.jpg

Where is my patina :spankarse:

Nice job though :D

Nice job. Is the sticking an issue with this high polish?

M

honestly
After polishing did not cut anything yet, although I have no problem with sticking food, I just do not pay attention to it.:D
Where is my patina :spankarse:

Nice job though :D
do not worry, it will appear after the first use of a knife in the kitchen.:knife:
PS Thanks for the knife:doublethumbsup:

Now, it deserve a new handle :)

Very nice job. Did you use sand paper?

Now, it deserve a new handle :)

Very nice job. Did you use sand paper?

The handle is very comfortable, I see no reason to replace it.:biggrin:
I used the sandpaper (in which I wrapped a small nagura)from the auto shops 120-5000, then a little bit of natural stone.:wink:

I'm willing to wager that it will patina slower than expected now that it's shiny...but the patina will be quite satisfying.

Well done vladimir. Makes me want to attempt mine again

I'm willing to wager that it will patina slower than expected now that it's shiny...but the patina will be quite satisfying.

Hmm, I would of said the opposite of the first part. Although I don't mirror polish my entire blades, I've noticed that when convexing/hamaguriba the face into the bevel (which results into a mirrored finish over a centimeter wide) that the patina seems to react more rapidly on this smooth surface on my carbons.

I do agree that 'cooler' patinas seem to develop on mirrored areas though...seen some really awesome blues and purples on the edge of my Takeda after polishing the bevels up to my 10K SS.

Mine (a blue #2) got patina rather quick after a polish. Actually after a few cuts ...

Nice job, it looks great.

congratz Vladimir !

nice result and i nice NEW photos =)

Just saw this. Strong work Vlad.

Btw, when I have mirror finishes like that, at first they are very non-sticky. It is almost like there is a saliva on it and things slide all over, then it gets really sticky, and after that the patina takes over and it gets better again. I'd love to take that Carter through this process.

k.

Back