Quantcast
Next vs El Bulli
Page 1 of 7 123 ... LastLast

Thread: Next vs El Bulli

Next vs El Bulli

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=e_EVr...ature=youtu.be

The video explains it all, or at least I think it does. Grant Achatz and Dave Beran are recreating El Bulli with the blessings of Ferran. I will be going Saturday night so pictures to follow. I believe there will be close to thirty courses!

Wow!

Here is what appears to be a link to photos of the menu:

http://chicago.eater.com/archives/20...nd-english.php

Can't wait to hear your report Pete!

That video is awesome. Sounds like you will be having a great night!

The alleles created by mutation may be beneficial

Quote Originally Posted by stereo.pete View Post
    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=e_EVr...ature=youtu.be

The video explains it all, or at least I think it does. Grant Achatz and Dave Beran are recreating El Bulli with the blessings of Ferran. I will be going Saturday night so pictures to follow. I believe there will be close to thirty courses!
    How on earth did you get tickets?

Quote Originally Posted by Andrew H View Post
    How on earth did you get tickets?
    I am asking the same thing. I have been logging into that website several times a day for the last six weeks. I assumed (maybe wrongly) that the tickets hadn't gone on sale yet as the website still advertises the 'childhood' theme and there have been no twitter posts except for the video you mention. Did I miss the ticket sale?

Regardless, congrats to you on getting to eat at the restaurant few people actually get to eat at.

k.
    "There's only one thing I hate more than lying…skim milk, which is water that's lying about being milk." -- Ron Swanson

Since Next opened, my wife and I have been fortunate enough to score quite a few tickets for all of the menus. We've made friends with many of the staffers and have become regulars I guess, if that's possible there. Long story short, there were invitations sent out to friends and loyal patrons to enjoy the first week of el Bulli.

The alleles created by mutation may be beneficial

Quote Originally Posted by stereo.pete View Post
    Since Next opened, my wife and I have been fortunate enough to score quite a few tickets for all of the menus. We've made friends with many of the staffers and have become regulars I guess, if that's possible there. Long story short, there were invitations sent out to friends and loyal patrons to enjoy the first week of el Bulli.
    I'm so jealous right now. You better take lots of pictures, and enjoy yourself!

We will do our best to document every course if possible. I haven't been this excited for a restaurant since Alinea.

Btw, ticket sales for next el bulli are imminent. They redid the website today and told people to check their facebook page.

k.
    "There's only one thing I hate more than lying…skim milk, which is water that's lying about being milk." -- Ron Swanson

Well, tickets went on sale today, and I was too late. I am 4,800+ on the list and there are only about 2,500 tickets left.

k.