Quantcast
Next vs El Bulli - Page 3
Page 3 of 7 FirstFirst 12345 ... LastLast

Thread: Next vs El Bulli

Quote Originally Posted by Johnny.B.Good View Post
    $365 is a hell of a lot more than I've ever spent on myself for dinner, but in this case, it sounds pretty reasonable. I would happily pay it for the experience, but don't make enough money to do it very often.
    That's the around the minimum price we take for a seat at our chefs table, around 5 courses that is.
    2500 swedish kronor to 5000 swedish kronor. So around 350 to 700 dollars per person, for 5 courses.

So El Bulli seems more than reasonable.

When I ate at Alinea a couple years back the bill for two ran about $700. Just keep in mind that $365 is without gratuity and you still have to drink something. If you do the pairing at $90 (I think) and add 20% it gets up there.

k.
    "In Japan they don't call it Japanese food, they just call it food." -- Children's Hospital Quote

The alleles created by mutation may be beneficial

Quote Originally Posted by mr drinky View Post
    When I ate at Alinea a couple years back the bill for two ran about $700. Just keep in mind that $365 is without gratuity and you still have to drink something. If you do the pairing at $90 (I think) and add 20% it gets up there.

k.
    I'm pretty sure the $365 includes wine pairings.

Quote Originally Posted by Andrew H View Post
    I think they try to keep it under four hours.
    Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by Andrew H View Post
    I'm pretty sure the $365 includes wine pairings.
    You might be right on that one, sorry for the confusion.

k.
    "In Japan they don't call it Japanese food, they just call it food." -- Children's Hospital Quote

Yeah, Yuck it up rich folks.

You know, I'm not starving, and occasionally spend more than a few dollars on knives, but this stuff strikes me as an almost obscenely ostentatious indulgence on the part of those who can afford it. I would be embarrassed to be seen by some of my friends coming out of one of these places . .

I can put a really good dinner on the table for $30. But then, it's only my wife, my daughter, and myself. Marie Antoinette is dining elsewhere . . .

Hey guys,

The dinner lasted about 4.5 hours and we ended up getting home at 2:00am. I'm about to head into work so no pics or reviews yet, hopefully later tonight if I can muster the energy. All I can say right now is that this team (both front and back of the house) are an amazing group of individuals who can revamp an entire menu and service as fast as they do. Chef Beran was on point with every dish and Will (the GM) had his servers executing flawlessly. Some individuals might ask, is it worth the price? Absolutely, the chance to experience an array of dishes from El Bulli (now closed), prepared by one of America's most talented teams is a no brainer...if you love this sort of dining.

Regards,

Pete

Quote Originally Posted by Cipcich View Post
    Yeah, Yuck it up rich folks.
    I don't know about the rich yucking it up. Everyone spends, splurges, and wastes money in different ways. Every weekend in the fall close to a million people pour out of pro football stadiums who could have instead lingered over a meal at the finest restaurant in town. They'd rather splurge on that experience, and I'd rather spend it on knives and good food

k.