Quantcast
QR codes? - Page 3
Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Thread: QR codes?

Quote Originally Posted by JBroida View Post
    i just had a run of my business cards done with the qr code on the back, but sara and i were talking about who uses them today and it got me wondering
    What happens when you scan the code on your card?

it directs you to the website... the thing is, i dont need people having my contact info in their phone or anything like that. I thought about directing people to google maps so they could see where the store was, but the website just seemed easier. Now i'm wondering what else i could have done...

Quote Originally Posted by JBroida View Post
    it directs you to the website... the thing is, i dont need people having my contact info in their phone or anything like that. I thought about directing people to google maps so they could see where the store was, but the website just seemed easier. Now i'm wondering what else i could have done...
    Website makes the most sense to me. All the information is there (products, hours, contact information, address). Better that than your phone/email or a map which may or may not be necessary.

Having Jon on speed dial may be necessary for some...many people here. Being able to do that from just scanning his card would be priceless.

Quote Originally Posted by Johnny.B.Good View Post
    Website makes the most sense to me. All the information is there (products, hours, contact information, address). Better that than your phone/email or a map which may or may not be necessary.
    I haven't tried the site on my phone, but I think it would be a good idea to point the QR code to a mobile friendly page (if there isn't one already). Things like the drop down menu on JKI and the flash (I think thats flash) don't always show up nicely on phone browsers.

I was thinking it might be cool to put a qR code on a menu. Have it go to "like" your facebook page, or maybe to a site with pictures of the menu items. I think its neat but i think some will think its cheesy/gimmicky.