Stefan's Black handle - 'second' for sale

Kitchen Knife Forums

Help Support Kitchen Knife Forums:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

apicius9

Das HandleMeister
Founding Member
Reaction score
Hi guys,

here is a 'second' I have for sale. This is African blackwood, black horn tip, blue bakelite spacer, mammoth tooth endcap. The handle has a flaw, there are two very fine hairline cracks lengthwise in the bakelite spacer. They are so thin that I haven't even tried filling them with anything and you have to look for them, but they are there. Of course, if I had any concerns that this would affect the handle I would not offer it at all. I don't have my caliper here for the exact measures, but it should work on a gyuto 270 or on a 240 but it would be a bit on the longer side for that, approx 148mm length IIRC. I normally ask around $160 for those because antique bakelite and mammoth tooth are pricy, this one here is $110 incl. shipping in the US. BTW, what looks like whitish streaks toward the end of the handle is just some residual wax from buffing that will come off. Shouldn't use my Leica lens for this, it shows all the flaws ;)

Stefan

77 views, no comments? Is it ugly? Expensive?

It's not ugly at all. If i didn't have my knife budget all tied up i would be all over it. I even have a 240 carter that needs a new handle.

Well, looks like it's pending now.

Stefan

Stefan,

If it falls through let me know. I have a carter with a cracked handle that could use something like this...

-Chuck

ditto - i'd jump on this too if the two above me don't want it.

If I didnt just get 4 handles from you I would be all over it.

Hi guys. Yep, this one is sold! Thanks for looking and being interested. BTW, there is one at the regular price with a red bakelite ferrule and a red mammoth tooth piece available...

Stefan

Latest posts

Back