• If you have bought, sold or gained information from our Classifieds, please donate to Kitchen Knife Forums and give back.

You can become a Supporting Member which comes with a decal or just click here to donate.

Atagoyama J-Nat (Japanese natural stone) from Maksim

Kitchen Knife Forums

Help Support Kitchen Knife Forums:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

heirkb

Reaction score
I might regret this...but I think that about everything I sell (I don't buy crap after all).

The stone in this thread is the stone Maksim posted about here: http://japanesenaturalstones.blogspot.com/2011/04/atagoyama-for-knifes.html

I've really enjoyed this stone, but just don't really need it since I don't make many kasumi finishes and generally stop at a coarser edge anyways. The edge off this stone when I used it to finish was really nice. I'm not good at describing since I haven't tried a ton of fine stones extensively, but I'll say it cut everything easily and didn't feel at all slippery on tomatoes. I suck at sharpening, but I did manage to pass the tomato push cut test once with this stone (no stropping). It's a big stone and I've used it only 20 or so times, so it has a lot of life left in it (probably more than any of us do). The sides came sealed if I remember correctly, but I added a few more layers of cashew lacquer to the sides and the bottom.

I think I paid around $350 for this stone with shipping and all. I'm asking for $285 including shipping CONUS. We can discuss shipping options (tracking, insurance, etc.) in a PM. Please know that if you choose to not get insurance on your package, I can't be responsible if anything happens to it.

Please send me a PM if you'd like to purchase the stone. That'd be a lot quicker than posting in this thread.

photo1-13.jpg

photo2-11.jpg

photo3-10.jpg

photo4-6.jpg

photo5-5.jpg

lol, you sell more stuff than I do - and I'm bad :D

You should see how little I keep. 2 Heijis, a Suisin parer, Gesshin 400, 2000, 5000. That's basically it (not counting little things <$50).

You should see how little I keep. 2 Heijis, a Suisin parer, Gesshin 400, 2000, 5000. That's basically it (not counting little things <$50).

Some times I wish/think I should join that club

Lol, I'm mostly part of that club because I have to sell things to buy things and have very limited space. Otherwise...I'd have a tool chest full of knives and stones, lol. Nah, I think I'd still feel bad if anything was sitting around too long.

Whenever you guys feel that way, just shoot me a PM and we can arrange a trade :)

Back