Quote Originally Posted by PierreRodrigue View Post
Did all the reboots, device checks, isolation test, speed test with the modem only, speed test with the router, factory resets etc. Tech dude came over and all, I have had to power down the router/modem at least twice a week foe freezing/stalling issues, the modem is new, the router has been deemed the issue, it works normally 70 percent of the time, and spazzes out like I said a lot. As far as potentials, my router isn't even close to what it used to be.
In the realm of new routers.
It depends on what you want to spend and what you have available. I would shop at www.newegg.ca , they are the canadian division of the USA based Newegg. Their prices are reasonable and you have to deal with customs.

The ones I like are

D-Link DIR-655 Xtreme N Gigabit Router IEEE 802.3/3u, IEEE 802.11 n/g

This router is has good range in the real world. Walls, Distance...etc. It does well in professional reviews.

BUFFALO WZR-HP-G300NH Wireless Gigabit Router Nfiniti High Power 802.11b/g/n up to 300Mbps/ Open Source DD-WRT Support

It has a signal amplifier, so if you have a distance issue this should probably resolve it.
I am using an older Buffalo (on DD-WRT) that has a signal amplifier and I get great wireless connections.

The DD-WRT was an aftermarket router operating system, that unlocks tons of features we would never use, but it the most stable router OS I have used. I have routers that haven't been rebooted in years on DD-WRT. It is now officiall support by

Linksys E2000-CA Gigabit Advanced Wireless Router IEEE 802.3/3u/3ab, IEEE 802.11a/b/g, IEEE802.11n

Its not a bad router, but its isn't super either. Spend a couple more dollars and you can get something nicer. The newer "UFO" shape routers from Linksys/Cisco run hot. I think they choose asthetics over function. The bottom of them needs to have an air gap or have it mounted vertically. I flashed a 2 of them to DD-WRT and they work fine, but run hot.

I avoid Netgear ones unless its a top end model (WNDR3700-100NAS and up). Typically they have poor signal strength and bad through put. I haven't used any of the newer ones, but the older ones I ran were dogs (require frequent reboots, signal strength that flucatated). You can apply the same principal above to D-Link as well.

I avoid Belkin Routers entirely. I have not had good experience with any of them.

All of this is just my opinion. I hope it helps