Hello from NYC

Kitchen Knife Forums

Help Support Kitchen Knife Forums:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

dschonbrun

Reaction score
Hi everyone,

I'm a newbie to this forum. I was a scout and got into knives starting around 12. Recently, I've focused more on building up a solid kitchen set, learning knife skills, and also sharpening skills. We have knives made in the Japanese and German traditions, and I like elements of both. I'm interested to learn more about knife making, materials, sharpening, and great custom makers. One of my goals is to find makers who combine the best of both Japanese and German traditions; I appreciate help from everyone!

Warm Regards from NYC,
David

Welcome to the Knut House! Sounds like you have come to the right place for your interests!

Pro or Home cook?

Hey ecchef, I'm just a home cook, someone who enjoys using high quality equipment and I've recently become interested/focused on our knives in the kitchen.

Looking forward to insight and education from everyone here.

Thanks!
David

David, I know some people that are 'just home cooks' that can kick the crap out of some pros! :wink: And you're certainly in the right place to access huge amounts of kinfe knowledge.

How's the City these days? Don't miss it too much execpt all the pizza here is crap!

Welcome David, and way to dive in on the angle-bevel thread. It takes posts like yours to remind me that I am always confused on the terminology of bevels: primary, secondary, edge, and back bevels :)

k.

Edit: but that is because my parents did too many drugs when I was in the womb.

Welcome! I actually have an old Scout knife that I want rehandled, but it is WAY down on the list!

Hax CLEAVERS RULE!!! :D

Back