Quantcast
A Work of Art - Page 2
+ Reply to Thread
Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread: A Work of Art

Quote Originally Posted by sachem allison View Post
    calm down he just got it today. He needs time to fondle it a little, caress and whisper sweet nothings into her ear. Then he can get a little rough tomorrow and take pics and videos.

That is just stunning......I don't know if I could bring myself to using it.

Quote Originally Posted by RRLOVER View Post
    That is just stunning......I don't know if I could bring myself to using it.
    I'm having that problem, too. I've got to use it, but it will be difficult! Randy recommended Lustra hard wax to protect the finish while using the knife, which I will do.
    If you reach the age of 60 without becoming a curmudgeon, you haven't been paying attention.

Keith. If you have not already ordered the Lustra wax.. Dont.. PM inbound.

Inspired by God, Forged by Fire, Tempered by Water, Grounded by Earth, Guided by the spirit.. Randy Haas

HHH Custom Knives T Shirts.

Reaissance wax on the way. Thanks.

Her ladyship is rearranging the kitchen sitting area to show off the Galaxy knife. I'll get some photos when it is complete.
    If you reach the age of 60 without becoming a curmudgeon, you haven't been paying attention.

Thats the stuff!! Should help keep it looking great!

Please do post some pictures when you can..

Randy

Inspired by God, Forged by Fire, Tempered by Water, Grounded by Earth, Guided by the spirit.. Randy Haas

Randy:

Her ladyship has settled on the proper place for Galaxy. Where most people have a breakfast nook off the kitchen, we have a sitting area where she can sip champagne while I cook. The knife went to her sitting area. I don't know if I will get it back or not!

Quote Originally Posted by HHH Knives View Post
    Thats the stuff!! Should help keep it looking great!

Please do post some pictures when you can..

Randy

Very nice. Sitting on a Mies Van der Rohe barcelona chair, sipping champagne and looking a beautiful knife.

k.
    "In Japan they don't call it Japanese food, they just call it food." -- Children's Hospital Quote

Randy, now I have a problem. I had nearly decided the Galaxy knife was too pretty to use, but I knew you wanted at least a report on how well it performed. So I did a bit of cutting. Now I am in love with it, and want to use it all the time. It is beautifully sharp, nicely balanced and handles perfectly. The most surprising thing was that even potato just falls off the blade. No hint of wanting to stick. Now I want to use it, but can't stand to change that beautiful finish. I may have to buy stock in Renaissance wax!

You made a work of art and a marvelous tool. Thanks!

Keith

Keith, lol Thats not a bad problem to have. Im happy to hear you finally cut something with it! lol And even more so that your happy with the feel and performance. I cut with itt a little B4 doing the final assembly and was pleased with the profile. After the knife was completed and I started taking the specs and seeing exactly where the balance point was.. I was pleasantly surprised at how well balanced the blade was to the handle.

Im sure Im not telling you something you dont already know.. But IMO, The best part about a nice carbon steel blade is its ability to take a super sharp edge. The second best part in my experience.. is the great patina that adds such amazing unique character and colors that develop on the blade with use. I think using this knife will only add another level of cool to the look of this piece!! Whatever you decide. Im just happy you are pleased!

Anyways. Thank you for the photos and the update. It makes my day to know your happy with the knife!

God Bless

+ Reply to Thread