Quantcast
What are Your Camera(s) of Choice?
+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 4 123 ... LastLast

Thread: What are Your Camera(s) of Choice?

What are Your Camera(s) of Choice?

I use a Pentax K10d and for instant a Canon S90. All else is my iPhone.

I do have an analog Minox that I used to love and my old Pentax K1000 was really fun too.

k.
    "In Japan they don't call it Japanese food, they just call it food." -- Children's Hospital Quote

i have a Nikon D90. i use that or my iPhone. i'm hoping the D800 will drop D700 prices. i have a Nikon FM2 and a sundry lenses that belonged to my father, but that camera was long ago usurped by my fiancé. i really like my D90, and have no plans to replace it with anything but a full frame camera, anytime soon.

Nikon. Last i had wAs d300.

I am using a Panasonic GH2 and GF2. Smaller and lighter than any full frame camera. Smaller sensor also, but I find the picture quality more than adequate. At my lowly level, any bad pic is more likely user error than a camera quality issue. Excellent video also if that is your thing. Small and light enough to actually take it with me, I know I would not want to shlepp a full frame camera plus lenses as often as I take this one.

Stefan

I have always liked canon and olympus. I think canon has the best ergonomics and overall UI/ control design. Olympus makes some pretty interesting stuff too.
    So I've got a Canon 7D for my main photo and video machine and a 5yr old olympus stylus 770sw little p&s that's waterproof to 20' and damn near indestructable as my "beater" and my Samsung Galaxy S2 (android phone) that takes pretty decent 8mp stills and 1080p video.

If I where to buy another camera right now, it would either be an upgrade to the 7D (I've heard some rumors of some pretty sick full-framed sensor stuff coming soon from canon)
    ---OR--- a micro 4/3 system.

I like the concept of the 4/3 system: small compact body with no mirror and a lens mount very close to the sensor, However, every body that I've played with up to this point feels more like a toy designed to be a "step up" from a point&shoot system rather than a serious tool designed for people accustomed to a quality DSLR.

However, it looks like that is changing with the introduction of 2 new cameras:

the Olympus OM-D E-M5:

and the
    fujifilm xpro-1 - which is actually aps-c, not 4/3, but is in about the same form-factor. I've also always wanted a range finder, but will probably never be willing to pay for leica.

canon t1i, canon 100hs, and cell phone camera

want a new dslr soon though... or maybe more lenses

Bought too many lenses when I had Minolta 700si. And at one point I was waiting for 9D to come out, but ended up with 5D. I might have to go Sony now, if I want to keep using these older lenses.

Quote Originally Posted by Justin0505 View Post
    I think canon has the best ergonomics and overall UI/ control design.
    i find that idea to be so strange. as a long time Nikon user, i love the fact that everything is right at your fingertips. i guess it's time for a flame war!

Canon G11 for me, if I had the funds to get a DSLR it would be Canon 60D

I have been using a Canon 30D for the last few years. Great camera.. I just retired it and switched to a Cannon Rebel T31 which seemed like a downgrade from the 30D. till I started shooting pictures. and realized that even with it being a "Rebel" The images and available settings and options were even better the the 30D ever dreamed of being.. Im looking to add a few lenses to my bag in the near future! currently Im shooting through a 28-135 IS and I love it!

Inspired by God, Forged by Fire, Tempered by Water, Grounded by Earth, Guided by the spirit.. Randy Haas

240mm Stainless Gyuto!!

+ Reply to Thread