Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Thread: What are Your Camera(s) of Choice?

Nikon D700. I'm hoping Fuji's X-Pro1 will lead to some inexpensive X100s on the used market, for an everyday camera.

love my sony A330 but since sony might be getting rid of the OVF i might see if i can pick up a A580 body (that one has basic video on it )
    since i have a 16-80 zeiss and a 70-200 2.8f tamron im thinking i am happy so im sticking with alpha mount (want to look for a 100 macro and something in the 400mm range for birding )
    the 2 lens "kit" i ahve now tho was great for my trip to diz world
    my body is only a few years old so i dont need a new one and since i am building a shop this spring the new body is 99% out of the ?

Canon T2I or now T3I. But in general I think Canon is pretty great.

Nikon D700. Solid, dependable and super lenses.

I use a 5D mark II canon DSLR. They should be coming out with the mark III here soon. The floods really backed up canons camera production.

I have used Canon for years now starting with the 35mm film and now DSLR in the Rebel line. Always had good luck with them and have pretty much stuck with them through the years.
    --
    Joe

Quote Originally Posted by EdipisReks View Post
    i find that idea to be so strange. as a long time Nikon user, i love the fact that everything is right at your fingertips. i guess it's time for a flame war!
    I agree, especially when I have always shot full manual (inc. focus, color temp, etc.). Canons seem so ridiculous when I am trying to adjust shutter speed, aperture, focus, color temp, iso, and anything else for nearly every shot.

I use a Nikon D80, with a nice selection of lenses, the 50mm f/1.4 was my right eye for a couple years (this is where my user name derives from). I also have Pentax ME, Pentax ME super, Kodak Brownie Target six-20, Minolta X-370, a few old Polaroids, and a few other various film cameras.

Here is a picture of me with my 5D mark II shooting the statues in front of Caesars Palace in Vegas. There are a lot of buttons, but I have not shot Nikon so I don't really know if it is harder to use or not.

The funny thing is that the newspapers use to shoot Nikon, but most of them switched to Canon when they came out with auto focus a long time ago.

Tripod by Steve_Cook, shoot and eat..., on Flickr

Statue 2 HDR by Steve_Cook, shoot and eat..., on Flickr

Here I am with my 5D in a chase plane at the airshow.

MX2FortWorth-41 by Steve_Cook, shoot and eat..., on Flickr

MX2FortWorth-32 by Steve_Cook, shoot and eat..., on Flickr

Blue Angels-20 by Steve_Cook, shoot and eat..., on Flickr

wow Steve, that's some cool stuff!

Quote Originally Posted by WildBoar View Post
    wow Steve, that's some cool stuff!
    Thanks!