Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Saji Chukabocho

I am interested in a Mr Saji Deba in stag horn, ginsanko 3. Not sure of the quality on it as i've been warned for cheap debas.

Don't know if the stag horn is real; I had planned to put a stabilized California burl handle on on mine so it was not an issue. For whatever my assessment is worth, cheap is NOT an adjective I would use with this cleaver, it is superior in quality to any cleaver (indeed any knife) I have held so far!

Hax CLEAVERS RULE!!!
    A barbeque believer will not profane pork by boiling, liquid-smoking, submeging in sous-vide, or affirm with those who do.

Quote Originally Posted by hax9215 View Post
    I am interested in a Mr Saji Deba in stag horn, ginsanko 3. Not sure of the quality on it as i've been warned for cheap debas.

Don't know if the stag horn is real; I had planned to put a stabilized California burl handle on on mine so it was not an issue. For whatever my assessment is worth, cheap is NOT an adjective I would use with this cleaver, it is superior in quality to any cleaver (indeed any knife) I have held so far!

Hax CLEAVERS RULE!!!

It's real horn, just the finish of the blade i'm worried about. Aesthetically i don't care. As long as it's not bent.
    I'll be speaking with Koki about it and see what he can tell me when i have some more specifics.

I guess it wpould depend on how much you use your cleaver, I have found the more I use it the more I use it. I have ordered this one and a medium-weight blade from JKI, this is my first venture into the custom knife world. The edge seems great to me, I can't imagine needing something much sharper but in all fairness I have not tried a custom single edge blade. This is a heavier cleaver, I intend to use it as a compliment to my lighter chukabochos, I believe it may be too heavy to use as your only cleaver.

Hax CLEAVERS RULE!!!
    A barbeque believer will not profane pork by boiling, liquid-smoking, submeging in sous-vide, or affirm with those who do.

Congrats on the new loot. Looking forward to hearing your thoughts; I must admit, I've been lusting over one of Takeshi Saji's cleavers for ages now but I just can't bring myself to drop that much. Maybe I should sell some stuff

I guess it would depend on how much you use your cleaver, I have found the more I use it the more I use it. I have ordered this one and a medium-weight blade from JKI, this is my first venture into the custom knife world. The edge seems great to me, I can't imagine needing something much sharper but in all fairness I have not tried a custom single edge blade. This is a heavier cleaver, I intend to use it as a compliment to my lighter chukabochos, I believe it may be too heavy to use as your only cleaver.

Hax CLEAVERS RULE!!!

Nice Cleaver! Am I safe to say there aren't all that many damascus cleavers out there?
    Am I the only one who searched for The Edge from U2 and ended up here?

Not that I have seen, and I am looking! Believe me, it cuts better than it looks!!!

Hax CLEAVERS RULE!!!

Congrats on your new cleaver!!

More pictures!!
    Attached Images Attached Images    

Inspired by God, Forged by Fire, Tempered by Water, Grounded by Earth, Guided by the spirit.. Randy Haas

Availible Knives

Many thanks to Randy at HHH for helping me to post pictures!

Hax CLEAVERS RULE!!!