Quantcast
Help me choose an LN Dewar.
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Help me choose an LN Dewar.

Help me choose an LN Dewar.

My present Gas supplier can supply me with LN, so thats all good. But i'm not sure what I should be looking for in a Dewar, obviously the neck size is a consideration and long enough to get a big Suji inside. I'm confused about materials, some seem to have a glass inner. Is that bad thing? What type would be best suited for plonking knives in and out? They are very expensive over here.
    Advice much appreciated.
    Will

Engorged Member
    Any available on eBay.uk?

Any chance of putting one together?

Pesky

They rarely come up, I got outbid on a 30 liter one with a trolley recently. There are some from the states, good prices but the postage is ridiculous, then there would be import tax and duty..... There are some choices here from retailers I'll find an example to see if its suitable.

Another source to check wou;d be larger cattle breaders. You may find a larger used one considerably cheaper. You need to look at how long the static hold times are. To get something new, will be pricy. I think Marko and Butch have got replacements not to long ago. The issue with a larger neck, is they are usually larger volumns. For example, the one here with a 3.75" neck, is a 35 liter container. Its hold time is 140 days.

Feel free to visit my website, http://www.rodrigueknives.com
    Email pierre@rodrigueknives.com

Good advice, one thing we have allot of round here is cows, so there must be plenty of people using LN. Thanks Pierre.

Maybe I have one sitting around the house I could give you Will.

Just one question: what does it do and what does it look like?

Ha ha, it looks a bit like a Dalek and it says "exterminate" then you pop you knives inside and it makes them very cold. Ta Pierre I'll have a look.
    This one looks big enough in the uk but look at the price!! I think that will be plus vat and delivery.
    http://www.coleparmer.co.uk/Product/...rs/WZ-03773-57

I hav found some ranchers over here selling as low as $250, but they are in questionable condition. You new price matches very close to some of the better ones I have looked at.

Feel free to visit my website, http://www.rodrigueknives.com
    Email pierre@rodrigueknives.com

my 3.75 neck 20l wsa under 700$ here in the states
    if i was not needing the wide neck i woudl go with the 2 inch 15l size as the hold time is more then 2xs what i get witha gapping mouth dewar