Quantcast
Bill Burke 240+ mm midtech prototype review 1.0 - Page 5
+ Reply to Thread
Page 5 of 7 FirstFirst ... 34567 LastLast

Thread: Bill Burke 240+ mm midtech prototype review 1.0

An overall B is not a negative review. Honest, maybe...

I, quite frankly, am tired of all the sucking up. If a product is to be top notch, honest assessment is necessary. Some on these forums have made these customs to be the "end all", yet just through a picture I can see a useless profile, or bad grind (no knife in particular)...

As a chef if my risotto is overcooked, or my sauce is broken, or a dish is over-seasoned, you darn well better believe I will hear about it!!!!!
    The difference between try and triumph is a little "umph"! NO EXCUSES!!!!!!!
    chefchristophermiller@yahoo.com

Quote Originally Posted by NO ChoP! View Post
    An overall B is not a negative review. Honest, maybe...

I, quite frankly, am tired of all the sucking up. If a product is to be top notch, honest assessment is necessary. Some on these forums have made these customs to be the "end all", yet just through a picture I can see a useless profile, or bad grind (no knife in particular)...

As a chef if my risotto is overcooked, or my sauce is broken, or a dish is over-seasoned, you darn well better believe I will hear about it!!!!!
    I agree that a honest review is beneficial to a maker. Sending knives for a private feedback is not a bad idea either.

M

An expert is a man who has made all the mistakes which can be made, in a narrow field.
    -Niels Bohr

If my KKF Inbox is full (or not), please contact me via Email: anvlts@gmail.com

This knife is going back to Bill for some modification. If it comes back awesome, I think his reputation can only benefit. I would be wary of buying a knife from someone that was interested in building a reputation by hiding the quality of their product, as your (JMJones) post seems to imply.

The alleles created by mutation may be beneficial

Thanks for the review Tk.

It's starting to get a little contentious around here. Please remember to try and keep it civil, folks.

Thanks.

Gents,
    This thread has gone off the rails- as policy here at the KKF respectful and thoughtful reviews of products and vendors are welcome and encouraged.
    Broaching questions about how a review was done is fine- questions about why a review was done would fall into the heading of a personal attack and will not be tolerated.
    The review of an item that is sold to the public by a vendor is a valuable resource,both for the vendor and the buyers. A manufacturer would have to spend 10's of thousands of dollars to organize a focus group as knowledgeable and enthusiastic as this one. They would be foolish to squander it.

All off topic posts in this thread will be removed. Please contact me via PM if you have any question.

Jim

Senior Member AFKitchenknivesguy's Avatar
    Thanks so much for the honest in depth review! I would have went the private route, but I admire you for the effort. With that said, Bill Burke is #1 on my most wanted list.
    Jason

Well said Cadillac.

Quote Originally Posted by Cadillac J View Post
    My admiration and respect for Bill Burke has not changed one bit after this either.
    I agree 100%

Gents, Just to clarify

Feel free to talk about the reviewed knife. Comments about the inappropriateness or otherwise of the review are specious and will be removed.

The team thanks you for your cooperation.

Jim

I'd be interested to see some shots of the DT ITK proto compared to different generations throughout the years, leading to the most recent. I'd bet they've been tweaked and changed quite a bit, probably due to DT's high interest in customer feedback...

I think we owe it to Mr. Burke to evolve with this endeavor, and at the very least applaud him for trying to deliver a product, that to some at least, may have been unobtainable before.
    The difference between try and triumph is a little "umph"! NO EXCUSES!!!!!!!
    chefchristophermiller@yahoo.com

+ Reply to Thread