Ha! Look at this!

Kitchen Knife Forums

Help Support Kitchen Knife Forums:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I have a Thiers-Issard Le Thiernois and it's a very smooth shaver, but $300-325 is pretty "spendy" for a first straight razor. Still, you could do worse.

750cc283.jpg

As said above TI are great razors, for starters you can get cheaper razors that shave just as well or better (Filarmonica/Puma or a nice Japanese straight come to mind)

Wow, I'd forgotten how expensive TI's are. I have never tried one (other than a Le Grelot), but I really can't think of any reason that relates to function that I would pay more for a razor than I did for my Puma. You'll have to read that once twice to make any sense of it :rofl2:

As said above TI are great razors, for starters you can get cheaper razors that shave just as well or better (Filarmonica/Puma or a nice Japanese straight come to mind)

Aren't Philies selling for more these days? you used to be able to get them for close to peanuts then boom! 500 bucks for a NOS. Eschers are the same which is something that really pisses me off, I can't buy a decent one anymore.

Back