Close call on eBay

Kitchen Knife Forums

Help Support Kitchen Knife Forums:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Eamon Burke

Banned
Reaction score
For those not in the loop on these, it's not something you can get all the time, it's a special order type thing, and it's several hundred dollars. It's like the Shigefusa of razor hones.

Cotis are some of my favorite sharpening stones, they leave a very nice long lasting edge on most steels I have tried. I too had my eye on that one but decided to let it pass, so I assure you it wasn't me who got it. Its also a nice size and a natural combo at that plus it looks like it is a petite blanche which is really cool. Theres always next time.

It would serve the purpose of 1. satisfying the desire to have one for years, and 2. I could re-sell the thing for a lot more than that if it performs well. They run about 300-400 in that size, and you can't get them regularly, they are a "we have them if we find them" kind of item.

Eamon,

I have learned my lesson with E-bay that way too. You want put in a max bid but you also want to wait until the last minute or so to post your max bid so some other yahoo doesn't do it early and build it up. I had that with a Griswold griddle I bought a couple of months ago, I maxed the bid about 5 hours before it was over and someone came in the last minute and scooped it up. So the next one I did the same thing but this time I put my max bid in right away. That price stood for ten hours and then a bunch of people came in last minute, but I still out bid them and got it. I was thinking I would get it for my bid that stood for most the day and ended up paying another $25 which was still cheap as far as I'm concerned.

Yeah, that's what I normally do, but I was out in BFE and had no phone service. I found out hours later in the hotel. I wouldn't have wanted to pay more than $130 for it anyways.

This guy said his gramps' straights are going up soon, so you might wanna keep an eye on that account!

Haha. I was looking at that stone as well.

Back