wa handle for bc's 210

Kitchen Knife Forums

Help Support Kitchen Knife Forums:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

DevinT

Reaction score
paper micarta and wenge ferrule and p/m butt cap with willow burl body.

Did something a little different, hope you like it.

Hoss

005.jpg

I like it. I have always liked your wa dimensions. Do you do the handles yourself?

My son John and I do the handles. He gets things ready and I do the final shaping and finishing.

Hoss

Interesting design. I like the end cap a lot. Is it curved or is it an optical illusion?

I think I really like this handle! Cool but not too fancy looking and dark. :)

Sweet looking handle. I'd be interested to know if there's a textural difference in feel between the wenge and micarta composing the ferrule?

Yes there is. Glad you like it.

Hoss

Wow devin this looks amazing. I'm so grateful. The radiusing looks supercool. Not that I would expect anything less than perfection from DT. Can't wait to take a look in person. Thanks again!

Sadly this handle bit the dust. But I'm glad I got to see it before it went!

Dunno exactly. DT called and broke the bad news. I guess it didn't meet his exacting standard so he wanted to make it perfect, which I appreciated. So now I think we're gonna do an ironwood handle as I don't have anymore willow. I have some maple but want to save it for a knife for my buddy. Anyway, wasn't meant to be this go round.

DT standards are extremely high. I'm sure he found some minescule flaw and decided not to let it leave the shop. He's picky like that.

Pesky

Yeah I have total confidence it will work out for the best. DT is a perfectionist for sure.

Yeah I have total confidence it will work out for the best. DT is a perfectionist for sure.

Don't worry, you will love your replacement handle. Sometimes new designs take more than a few handles to really nail down. How do I know? :)

Back