Sabatier Carving Fork Rehandle

Kitchen Knife Forums

Help Support Kitchen Knife Forums:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

The Edge

Reaction score
I still have a few minor flaws to fix on this, and I'm pretty sure you'll be able to see that the mosaic pins are a bit off center. Other than that, much respect to all who actually do rehandles, it is harder than I thought it would be, even if I did most of it by hand. I can't see using sanders being that much easier. The photo was shot using my phone, but I think it captures what I've done so far pretty well

Fork Rehandle by taylor_e2001, on Flickr

A little character makes it more personal. My first attempted rehandle didn't have the best gaps between the new scales and the tang, but then again I'll never sell it so who cares! Yours turned out great to my eyes. I hope my ironwood comes out just as pretty on my current project.

I don't think I'll be doing anymore of these anytime soon. I had to wait until I saw my parents in vegas before I had any of the tools to get this done, and even then, it was harder than I thought it would be, albeit fulfilling. Thanks for everyone's kind words though, it is much appreciated.

I don't think I'll be doing anymore of these anytime soon. I had to wait until I saw my parents in vegas before I had any of the tools to get this done, and even then, it was harder than I thought it would be, albeit fulfilling. Thanks for everyone's kind words though, it is much appreciated.

But I want one :( ha ha. I want to find an older sabatier fork for banquet functions @ the hotel, had no luck so far.

Back