Forming an LLC

Kitchen Knife Forums

Help Support Kitchen Knife Forums:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Gator

Reaction score
Hi All,

I'm planing to open LLC, I do software, so that's the company's field. I was planin gon doing that later on, but no thanks to Apple Inc I have to do it sooner. Bastids won't let me distribute iphone apps under zviSoft name. Even if they are free. So, no steel chart on iphone till I get that done and Apple approve my LLC. Steel chart appz will still be free, no worries ;)

I think there are few people around here with LLCs, right? If so, how do you guys go about the "agent" thing? DO you put your name and home address? I don't' really wanna do that. I've heard there are organizations that can serve as agents for a fee, does anyone know reliable, reasonably priced one?

I went through legal zoom for the LLC. It ran me about $700-800. The registered agent with their address costs me about $190 per year. I think my dba cost me another $40 in my state.

k.

Edit: The first year, the registered agent was included in the $700-800. I only started paying the second year.

Check the state website for department of state . Most states have online registration that is pretty easy, no need for legalzoom. Florida has sunbiz.gov. Took about 20 minutes to set up. You might need to get a tax identification number from the IRS, via a SS4 form. Also real easy online. If you are filing in the state you live in, you can be the registered agent. It's free.

I have a corp and 2 LLCs. My address is the least of my worries.

Check the state website for department of state . Most states have online registration that is pretty easy, no need for legalzoom. Florida has sunbiz.gov. Took about 20 minutes to set up. You might need to get a tax identification number from the IRS, via a SS4 form. Also real easy online. If you are filing in the state you live in, you can be the registered agent. It's free.

That is true that there are cheaper ways to do it on your own. Even Legal Zoom is cheaper than I quoted, but I expedited mine because I wanted it done for tax reasons.

k.

You may even want to start it in another state. Deleware is known to have extremely favorable laws concerning corporations and LLC's. I didn't take that route for mine, but would consider it depending on the structure and how much money I was going to have invested in the business.

Thanks for the info :) Considering that my newborn LLC will have to go through Apple's approval process to get the "right" to distribute software on their oh so precious platform, probably I am better sticking with CA.

Thanks for the info :) Considering that my newborn LLC will have to go through Apple's approval process to get the "right" to distribute software on their oh so precious platform, probably I am better sticking with CA.

Be careful. You may subject yourself to a state's tax laws if you incorporate in that state. You can always register in CA as a foreign LLC, but have your home state as another state.

I see, but I wanna have my home as LLC office... Is that still ok with foreign llc?

Back